PDA

View Full Version : Is this crazy or what?

surreal
07-25-2005, 11:34 AM
I actually started a blog (as you all know) for my aceo's which are low selling items.

Am I wasting my time with a blog for low-selling items???
:wink2:

I am setting up a small poll.

Don't feel that you have to post here.

You can just vote in my little poll.

*I seem to have a poll addiction, as well as a WC, internet and greedbay addiction.*
ROFLMAO

Your votes, in this public poll, will only be helpful to me.
Thanks in advance. :)

BryAli
07-25-2005, 11:57 AM
Hi Nina~ I'm thinking that maybe you should continue with your blog, and if you don't have a lot of time to devote to it daily, then get it all set up (profile and whatnot), and then update, maybe weekly or bi-weekly. That will keep you current, without taking time away from other ways of promoting your artwork, that gain you more views/interest/buyers.

Hope that makes sense! LOL :)

Good luck with your decision! :D

andymathis
07-25-2005, 12:04 PM
*I seem to have a poll addiction, as well as a WC, internet and greedbay addiction.*

LOL- No one would ever have guessed this- NOT!
I think you should continue with your blog but only as long as you enjoy it. If you dont enjoy your blog, then it becomes a chore, and we all have too many of those already.

jocelynsart
07-25-2005, 12:06 PM
Nina, if you Like doing your Blog then by all means.........
Plus, you can never Guess or Predict what will happen with any given thing you do. You can only find out.
I like the design of your Blog Nina.

This is silly but the only thing that kind of stood out a bit jarring was the way you have elegant Titles ( I forget the exact text) ie: Name:NINA ---- etc. The large block text kind of seemed to stand out too much different than the rest of your design. Leaving a space after the : might help as well as maybe reducing the size of the text after the :

Nina, there must be a Poll-Anon somewhere out there. lol! J/k. They are fun to answer actually so keep doing them.

sandge
07-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Am I wasting my time with a blog for low-selling items???

I guess it depends where you see your ACEOs and blog in your overall marketing strategy.

I believe you said that your hope was that the ACEOs would drive folks to your higher priced items. (Did you say that? I might have that wrong.) If so, they are a promotional/marketing tool.

Your blog is also a promotional/marketing tool.

By using your blog to promote your ACOEs you are using one promotional/marketing tool to promote another promotional/marketing tool when what they both should be doing is encouraging folks to your higher priced work.

I guess what I'm saying is that your blog should feature your higher priced work and that your ACEOs should direct folks to your higher priced work and/or your blog.

On the other hand, maybe ACEOs are what you are all about. In which case you need to up your production rate. If you look at this seller (http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ50QQsassZravensQ5flaughter) (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Feb-2004/1073-butt.gif), you'll see that, while not listing ACEOs, his paintings are priced at not much more than an ACEO would be listed at. He has achieved powerseller status through quantity.

All MHO. :)

timelady
07-25-2005, 03:46 PM
Who's to say your ACOEs won't sell your larger work? It's all part and parcel of you as an artist so people might like that they can read a bit about your and your thoughts regardless of what size work you're blogging about. I'd continue as long as you enjoy it, like everyone else said. :)

Tina.

nanabanana
07-25-2005, 05:48 PM
:) i agree .. only do the blog if you enjoy it and if you have time. Actually the only reason i keep a "blog" is because I'm a showoff and the items that go on the blog are just a sample of my daily or weekly creations. Are you using Picasa, hello it's software good provides to make blogging easier ... photos you click and publish and it' goes straight to your blog. I'm usually too lazy to type in any more than the file name.

Also why not put a link to your ebay auctions and your website? I forgot which you decided but I do remember you mentioning yourown site a few posts back. At the very least it's another place that links to your ebay store = more exposure.

Good luck!

surreal
07-25-2005, 08:18 PM
Thank you, Alishia.
Your ideas are good and they make alot of sense.
:)

Hi Nina~ I'm thinking that maybe you should continue with your blog, and if you don't have a lot of time to devote to it daily, then get it all set up (profile and whatnot), and then update, maybe weekly or bi-weekly. That will keep you current, without taking time away from other ways of promoting your artwork, that gain you more views/interest/buyers.

Hope that makes sense! LOL :)

Good luck with your decision! :D

surreal
07-25-2005, 08:19 PM
LOL- No one would ever have guessed this- NOT!
I think you should continue with your blog but only as long as you enjoy it. If you dont enjoy your blog, then it becomes a chore, and we all have too many of those already.
Thank you for expressing your thoughts, Andy.

surreal
07-25-2005, 08:21 PM
Thanks very much, Joss.
I am working with a template, but what you point out about the font is absolutely true. I will see what I can do about this, in time. ;)

O.K.
I will keep posting polls.
LOL
:D

Nina, if you Like doing your Blog then by all means.........
Plus, you can never Guess or Predict what will happen with any given thing you do. You can only find out.
I like the design of your Blog Nina.

This is silly but the only thing that kind of stood out a bit jarring was the way you have elegant Titles ( I forget the exact text) ie: Name:NINA ---- etc. The large block text kind of seemed to stand out too much different than the rest of your design. Leaving a space after the : might help as well as maybe reducing the size of the text after the :

Nina, there must be a Poll-Anon somewhere out there. lol! J/k. They are fun to answer actually so keep doing them.

surreal
07-25-2005, 08:31 PM
I guess it depends where you see your ACEOs and blog in your overall marketing strategy...
I am in the process of developing a marketing strategy, but do not actually have one firmly in place.

I believe you said that your hope was that the ACEOs would drive folks to your higher priced items. (Did you say that? I might have that wrong.) If so, they are a promotional/marketing tool.
Yes, it is a hope of mine that the ACEO's will drive folks to my higher priced work and this already occurred on 1 occasion.

I guess what I'm saying is that your blog should feature your higher priced work and that your ACEOs should direct folks to your higher priced work and/or your blog.
I understand, Sandra.
Thank you for stating your opinion about this.

On the other hand, maybe ACEOs are what you are all about. In which case you need to up your production rate. If you look at this seller (http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ50QQsassZravensQ5flaughter) (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Feb-2004/1073-butt.gif), you'll see that, while not listing ACEOs, his paintings are priced at not much more than an ACEO would be listed at. He has achieved powerseller status through quantity.
I have thought about what ravens_laughter has been doing for months.
I don't think he ever fp's any of his work. He is also a very nice person, who I emailed a couple of times.

His art is medium-sized (to me) and often his prices are bid up quite high (but not all that high, it seems).

I cannot speak to how long it takes him to create his work since I haven't a clue about it.
But, I realized I could not operate as he does (which I considered doing for quite awhile) since every piece of work I create is time-consuming.

Thanks very much for your feedback, Sandra.

surreal
07-25-2005, 08:32 PM
Who's to say your ACOEs won't sell your larger work? It's all part and parcel of you as an artist so people might like that they can read a bit about your and your thoughts regardless of what size work you're blogging about. I'd continue as long as you enjoy it, like everyone else said. :)

Tina.

Thank you, Tina!
You raise good points.

surreal
07-25-2005, 08:34 PM
:) i agree .. only do the blog if you enjoy it and if you have time. Actually the only reason i keep a "blog" is because I'm a showoff and the items that go on the blog are just a sample of my daily or weekly creations. Are you using Picasa, hello it's software good provides to make blogging easier ... photos you click and publish and it' goes straight to your blog. I'm usually too lazy to type in any more than the file name.

Also why not put a link to your ebay auctions and your website? I forgot which you decided but I do remember you mentioning yourown site a few posts back. At the very least it's another place that links to your ebay store = more exposure.

Good luck!

Hi Nana,
I do not use Picaso.
Thanks for mentioning it. :)

Good idea about putting a link to my ebay auctions and website in my blog.
Thank you very much.

nanabanana
07-25-2005, 10:43 PM
re: software --- sorry i just realized how bad my typos were. it's google developed provides those software:

http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=1155

Make sure you download: picasa, hello (they work together so posting an image to blog takes a few seconds ) picasa is image manageing software and hello (blogger bot) is where you type your blog entries and posts the images that picasa finds.

Suggestion - it's easier to have a folder that you dedicate for blog posting this way you know where to get the images when dropping images to blog. Picasa automatically puts your newest pics in the very last so you can see it. I use dates to title my images aka 072505_1, 072505_2,

surreal
07-25-2005, 11:24 PM
re: software --- sorry i just realized how bad my typos were. it's google developed provides those software:

http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=1155

Make sure you download: picasa, hello (they work together so posting an image to blog takes a few seconds ) picasa is image manageing software and hello (blogger bot) is where you type your blog entries and posts the images that picasa finds.

Suggestion - it's easier to have a folder that you dedicate for blog posting this way you know where to get the images when dropping images to blog. Picasa automatically puts your newest pics in the very last so you can see it. I use dates to title my images aka 072505_1, 072505_2,
Thanks for the information, Nana.
I appreciate it.

surreal
07-27-2005, 12:21 AM
Thank you all for participating in this poll.

The poll lasts another few days and I will make a decision shortly after it ends, regarding the direction my blog will take in future. :)

surreal
07-29-2005, 02:30 PM
Thanks for your comments and for participating in the poll.
:D

I made the decision to change the title of my blog from "Nina Kuriloff - Small Works" to "Nina Kuriloff - Fine Art."

I think it will be more advantageous to me (if the blog becomes a successful marketing tool) to show art on my blog that is pricier. I could also intersperse minis from time to time, as well.

BryAli
07-30-2005, 07:29 AM
I think this is a good decision, Nina :)

surreal
07-30-2005, 10:55 AM
I think this is a good decision, Nina :)
Thank you, Alishia.