PDA

View Full Version : WIP - Stained Glass Pansies

Brush-in-my-hand
07-25-2005, 02:22 AM
Another Stained Glass Look...
But I see some mistakes and some things I want to fix, but it won't be done tonight,
I'm worn out. But it's so hot here, and the duct work under my house MUST be
partly down, because this AC is running 24/7 and it's still hot! So I waited till
it cooled off to do this. But planned it all day first.

What I think is that the blue on the right ought to also be on the left also.
I also think that the orange spots don't look that way on the actual painting.
Ahhhhhh now before I start working again, y'all chime in with some c and c.

Actually, this painting was going pretty well even without the lines. It could have
been just a painting, not a stained glass look. I see some lines that I wish I had
not put on the left flower. And so on and so forth.
As I said, these oranges don't look quite that bright really. Some things need
to be cleaned up and some need to be softened... but I TIRED!

Cia

juneto
07-25-2005, 03:43 AM
Cia , You see mistakes , I see a Beautiful Painting .
It 's Terrific , Sign it . :clap: :clap: :clap:
June :)

idcrisis55
07-25-2005, 06:43 AM
I agree with June, this is lovely, sign it :)

Ann

Brush-in-my-hand
07-25-2005, 07:28 AM
Thank you Ann and June... I just got up, figured nobody had been over here during the night. So I'm glad you came over! Now... what's going to be the next in the series?
Cia

devotedmomof7
07-25-2005, 08:42 AM
I love it! I think the choices you've made with colors are especially beautiful. You've also left just the right amount of "white" and yellow.

Cheryl

Uschi
07-25-2005, 08:45 AM
My dear Cia, all I see is a beautiful painting!
Uschi

FriendCarol
07-25-2005, 08:46 AM
This is lovely, and I adore your palette (I'm partial to the cool side :D )! I couldn't find a blue on the right that wasn't on the left, though. :confused:

I agree, this is fully baked. (Oops, sorry about the unfortunate metaphor!) Hope you get some cool over there today.

Brush-in-my-hand
07-25-2005, 08:54 AM
Me too on the cool!
Thanks everyone, I still think it's a bit messy. I've been to some of your websites just now, and all I can say is WOW, hope I can join your ranks someday and be that good!

What do y'all do about copyright stuff?

I love the cool pallette too... but you know what my brain said to me last night?
There has to be some violet and some orange in every painting. Isn't that nuts?

Cia

FriendCarol
07-25-2005, 09:04 AM
Re copyright: handprint.com has a good, easy-to-understand page on copyright/authorship rights, etc. (If you copy from a photo in Ref. Library, for example, you have 'authorship' rights to your painting, rather than 'copyright' to the donated image. ;) ) It's titled something like 'signing, documenting your paintings' (check the Site Map; easiest way to find the page).

Granny R
07-25-2005, 10:04 AM
Cia , my word this is beautiful. someone after working on a painting for a long time, it's hard to be objective, happens to me all the time. As everyone has said, this is a wonderful painting.
Ruth

wcartistsr
07-25-2005, 10:06 AM
This is beautiful, and a different approach. I think you should just frame it.

Shirley

NorahT
07-25-2005, 10:12 AM
Beautiful colours and nicely balanced. Definitely a framer :)

Becky-Bob
08-17-2005, 09:56 PM
Ohhhh WOW! That is JUST luscious! I love it. :clap:

bluegenes
08-18-2005, 07:35 PM
The colours on those petals are just to die for!! I hope you don't do too much more to it, I love it as it is!!

Patty

olliewood0702
08-19-2005, 08:39 AM
Beautiful technique & palette!!

CharM
08-19-2005, 01:38 PM
I just discovered your thread today, Cia! Luscious colour in those pansies... Did you do any more to this composition??? Love to see any changes you've made...

painterbear
08-19-2005, 04:27 PM
Hi Cia,

Glad I opened your painting thread. I really like the looks of this painting. I can't see anything more I would do or change, except to add a signature, mat, and frame, of course.

Sylvia