PDA

View Full Version : New Painting: "Fleur" a Briard

k9artisan
07-24-2005, 07:31 AM
Hi again,

Well I am getting back in work mode and have done this painting late late last night (or should I say morning). It features a herding breed called a Briard and is named "Fleur". It is acrylic on Arches Hotpressed Watercolor paper and measures 18 x 24 inches. I would really love to hear your feedback please. :D
Amber

3chaway9
07-24-2005, 07:40 AM
Hi Amber,
great dog painting....i like the way it's painted...not like a photograph...if you know what i mean...the only (wee) crit. i could offer is.... if the background was less busy i think ''Fleur'' would stand out more...just IMO only....very nice.

k9artisan
07-24-2005, 08:04 AM
Hi Caroline,

Thank you for your note! I do agree with you about the background, but I think may be too far along to change that, but I will keep it in mind for future work. I totally understand what you are saying about not looking like a photo and I take it as a high compliment. Not that I don't like realism, I just have my own style that works for my tastes. Thanks again!
Amber

Bertoni
07-24-2005, 08:11 AM
Amber:
Your style works like gangbusters with these canine beauties!! A great looking Briard!!!!!!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

jan409
07-24-2005, 08:29 AM
Great picture, I love looking at your pictures of the dogs. You do such a good job. Jan

Leslie Pz
07-24-2005, 09:17 AM
Beautiful! Love the background. Very creative. The palette is wonderful and so are the details in your fur!
-Les

laudesan
07-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Well I think this is delightful, and it really made me smile!!!