PDA

View Full Version : A 1 day ACEO auction starting Sat. nite & ending Sun. nite?

surreal
07-23-2005, 09:13 PM
I am going to start an auction tonight and have it end tomorrow night.

It will cost me $0.70.
;)

Today I have noticed that views are up.
So, perhaps tomorrow, views will be up as well.

May as well give it a try; it is an inexpensive experiment.

What do ya think?
:wink2:

Do you want to try it too?
:D
lol

CarlyHardy
07-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Maybe I hit things just right this past week. I listed 12 ACEO's and 9 sold....one will end tomorrow night but it has a bid. A couple of them went to $5 and $6.50 which I was excited about. So maybe timing is good for a few shorter auctions!

Let us know how the one day goes. I'll be taking a few days off before listing again so that auctions won't be ending while I'm on a painting trip :) The ACEO's have been fun to do!
carly

laurali
07-24-2005, 01:29 AM
I'll do it with you, Nina :-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7338889016

Laura

surreal
07-24-2005, 01:39 AM
Excellent going, Carly!

Terrific Laura!
We must compare notes.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

TeAnne
07-24-2005, 05:48 AM
Good luck :)
Congrats Carly

lmnelson
07-24-2005, 09:03 AM
Good luck, Nina and Laura! Look forward to hearing how this works out. I agree, viewers are up. :cat:

Carly, how wonderful - they ARE a lot of fun!

jocelynsart
07-24-2005, 09:32 AM
Good luck Nina!!!! Yes, I noticed views are up too.

surreal
07-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Good luck Nina!!!! Yes, I noticed views are up too.
Thank you, Joss.
:)

laurali
07-24-2005, 03:35 PM
I have a bid on mine from another artist who was outbid on a card previously. I posted it on the going going gone thread this morning. Perhaps that helped.

Laura

surreal
07-24-2005, 03:40 PM
I have a bid on mine from another artist who was outbid on a card previously. I posted it on the going going gone thread this morning. Perhaps that helped.

Laura
I noticed you had a bid, Laura.
That's great!

So far, I have nothing.
:crying:

Just joking!

What the heck is the "going going gone thread" may I ask?
*You are just filled with great ideas, Laura*
I mean this very sincerely.

surreal
07-24-2005, 04:01 PM
I found the going, going, gone thread on the ACEO ebay group site.

surreal
07-24-2005, 07:47 PM
So far I do not have any bids and there is less than 2 hours left.
;)

Laura, if your piece receives more bids please post about it here.
Good luck.

I will post if mine receives a bid before the auction ends, too.
I will relist it if it doesn't receive a bid(s).
:wink2:

laurali
07-24-2005, 08:12 PM
Mine has 5 hours to go. I will post if I get more bids on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it sold for that. Lots of my ACEOs go for the opening bid. In fact, it might even be that most of the ones that sell do. I lowered the price recently to see if that helped them bid up.

Laura

surreal
07-24-2005, 10:12 PM
Hi,
My 1 day auction listing sold at its opening bid which is $5.25.

I think that the 1 day auction idea - Sat. nite to Sun. nite might work far better in the Fall when views are up substantially.

I may give it a whirl next weekend again depending on the # of views.

We shall see.

BryAli
07-25-2005, 07:29 AM
I'm glad both of you were able to sell your cards! :)

And Laura had multiple bids! :)

This was nice to hear! :)

ElizaLeahy
07-25-2005, 08:32 AM
I wasn't around this weekend, next weekend is my sons birthday (23!) so I'll miss that one too - but I'll have a go with you some other time :)

laurali
07-25-2005, 09:11 AM
Thanks :-). Although mine only closed at $4.75, I was glad to see the two bidders. I have another cherry blossoms ACEO to list (this one with a magenta background) so I didn't mind using the purple one for the experiment.

Laura

I'm glad both of you were able to sell your cards! :)

And Laura had multiple bids! :)

This was nice to hear! :)

RobinZ
07-25-2005, 09:56 AM
I have multiple bids on 2 of my 3 cards and 1 bid on the other. One's up to $6.50. Yay! These are fun to do, a nice diversion from commissions, and being so small, easy to fit into chunks of time. I am really enjoying this!

surreal
07-25-2005, 10:49 AM
Thanks :-). Although mine only closed at $4.75, I was glad to see the two bidders. I have another cherry blossoms ACEO to list (this one with a magenta background) so I didn't mind using the purple one for the experiment.

Laura
Excellent about the multiple bids, Laura!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

surreal
07-25-2005, 10:52 AM
I have multiple bids on 2 of my 3 cards and 1 bid on the other. One's up to $6.50. Yay! These are fun to do, a nice diversion from commissions, and being so small, easy to fit into chunks of time. I am really enjoying this!
Yup. They are fun. :)
Congrats on your bids.
Often, they have been very time-consuming for me and sometimes I think that they are not worth my while to bother selling.

But, the experimenting with new ideas on a small scale is something I value greatly about making these art cards.

RobinZ
07-25-2005, 11:11 AM
Exactly! I can use a shot of creativity, you know? I'm not the most creative person out there, and experimenting in small things...and possibly even selling them...is a blast. I CERTAINLY am not going to look at them as a "by the hour" thing, lol!

Now I just have to figure out what to do when the first one's over in a few hours. I've never sold a thing on ebay before!!! :(

surreal
07-25-2005, 11:29 AM

Now I just have to figure out what to do when the first one's over in a few hours. I've never sold a thing on ebay before!!! :(

You send the buyer an invoice when the auction ends.

If you need help start a thread and we will all jump in and help you!

Talk about the addictive nature of things:
selling on ebay is high up there on the list of addictive activities.
;)

Perhaps you do not have an addictive nature though, like I do?
LOL