PDA

View Full Version : Many many years ago.....

sassybird
09-14-2000, 04:08 PM
I once had a set of pastels that were small, about the size of a conte crayon. I loved working with these because I could get so much detail in. A few years ago I was instructed to buy some pastels for a drawing class I was taking. I could not find these small pastels anywhere. Unfortunately I don't remember the brand. Does anyone know where I might find a set of these small pastels?

------------------
sass

msue
09-14-2000, 06:28 PM
Were they NuPastels? They are about the same size as conte crayons. If they were most of the art suppliers should carry them.

sassybird
09-14-2000, 06:38 PM
I am not sure, msue. I have looked at Daniel Smith, Graphic Chemical and Dick Blick, but have seen nothing like the ones I had. Do you have any other suggestions of places to look?

------------------
sass

CkA
09-14-2000, 08:00 PM
Sass,

It really does sound like you are describing NuPastels. Look them up in the index - both Dick Blick and Daniel Smith carries them. They are hard pastels and behave very much like Conte crayons - same size also.

Oh heck - just go here:
http://www.db-secure.com/zz200/34/products.asp?param=0&ig_id=1241

cindy

LDianeJohnson
09-15-2000, 06:26 PM
sassybird,

Could you be talking about Girault pastels? They are round and small, lovely sticks. They are a soft French pastel and were recently discontinued.

You might check directly with a major pastel source such as Dakota Art Pastels. You may already be familiar with them, they may have a suggestion as to what it might be: 1.888.345.0067

Diane

------------------
LDianeJohnson.com (http://www.LDianeJohnson.com)

bk7251
09-26-2000, 11:29 PM
Girault pastels are once again available. I bought some in Paris last year. I'm pretty sure you can get the from Dakota Art Pastels now. They're worth looking for.

4vincent
09-28-2000, 02:19 PM
I think Rochester Art Supply is running a "sale"on them and others.
Girault IS a good brand; good color assortment. Ken