PDA

View Full Version : An Invitation to anyone near Cape Cod

bnoonan
07-19-2005, 01:04 PM
Hi there,
I've not been visting much on WC lately but I do know the value of good friendships and fellow pastelists.

I'd like to send an invitation to lurkers and participants to a show on Cape Cod.

The Pastel Painters Society of Cape Cod are presenting their
Tenth Annual International Exhibition
"For PASTELS ONLY ON CAPE COD"

August 3 - 30, 2005

At the Creative Arts Center
154 Crowell Road
Chatham, MA

The reception is on Saturday, August 6th from 6 -8pm.

I was fortunate to have one of my pieces juried in so I'm actually going to by flying out to visit family and take in the show. If anyone is willing to brave the Cape's traffic in summer - be sure to come say hello.

Gallery Hours: M-F 9-4, Sat 10-4 Sun 1-4 508-945-3583

Happy Painting!!!! Barb :wave:

CarlyHardy
07-19-2005, 01:45 PM
Barb,
what a wonderful way to spend a vacation!! Cape Cod and a show...what fun!! Crossing my fingers for an award....your work certainly deserves it!
carly

HarvestMoon
07-19-2005, 01:49 PM
Barb, congrads... and sounds like a wonderful place to be- have never been there! Any chance you can post your picture? Best of luck to you in the show!!!

Trilby
07-19-2005, 07:22 PM
How terrific to be juried in and that you will be able to attend in person! Also how grand to be a pastel only show. Congratulations, wish I weren't on the other side of the country, If closer, I would go.
Loooking forward to photos of your winning work :)
TJ

CindyW
07-19-2005, 10:35 PM
Hi Barb,
I have a friend in a show on the Cape around the same time.....I'll try to see both shows and have a grand weekend! Yah, the traffic will be horrendous. (Maybe around 3 am is a good time to travel.) I wish you the best for this show!!
Cindy

Kathryn Wilson
07-20-2005, 08:08 PM
How fun for you Barb! And congratulations for getting juried in - I wish I were closer, I'd love to see your work (and you) in person - :)

angecald
07-22-2005, 03:12 AM
I've seen that group's work online and they are very, very good. Wish I could see the show. Congratulations on getting juried in, although we all know they are very lucky to get you.

K Taylor-Green
07-22-2005, 12:56 PM
Congratulations, Barb!! Well, I'm not surprised. How fun this sounds.

Pat Isaac
07-25-2005, 07:44 PM
Hey, Barb, this really is a plus to get into this show. I live in the area and have several friends who are soft pastel artists and they are very GOOD, but it is a hard show to get into. Many CONGRATS!! :clap: I will probably get to see it as one of my friends did get in. So glad you can be there and the traffic is horrendous, especially on Friday & Sat and then again going the other way on Sunday and Monday. Most everyone around here just takes it in stride.

have, fun.

Pat

peglatt
07-30-2005, 10:58 PM
Hi, good luck in this show. I live in Yarmouthport and will zip over to Chatham (using the back roads and shortcuts of course). I work for a home care agency and I am in Chatham everyother week, so I'll be there. Thank and good luck Peg Lattinville