PDA

View Full Version : Evolution

mansuri
01-05-2002, 04:02 AM
A study in color and glazing. Comments appriciated. Thanks.
Oil on canvas. 16"X14"

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jan-2002/evolutionmod.jpg

FM

llis
01-16-2002, 01:24 PM
Not sure what to say about this piece. As I look at it, I am thinking stained glass and butterflies for some reason.

I keep thinking, what if this piece was hanging in my house and each day I walked by it. What would my impression be.

I think the black blob to the upper right of the painting as it appears on the screen takes up too much attention. I'd like to see you choose a focal point and play that up.

Could you tell us a bit more about what you wanted to accomplish? Why you chose the colors you did.... what did you want to accomplish by doing the glaze techinique? Are all the areas of your canvas glazed, or only parts, and if so, why?

Are you expressing an emotion? Not that a painting has to do this, but sometimes it's good to know so you will have a map to travel with.

nam26b
01-17-2002, 01:49 AM
I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a finished piece, but if so, the individual colors, shapes and values seem to fluctuate a litle too wildly for my taste. The different parts of the painting seem dischordant and sort of jarring as the eye moves.

To improve it, I would suggest attempting to create a certain center of interest with some mellower passages to balance and accentuate the vibrant colors and contrasts. In my opinion, that would make the painting more pleasant-looking.

Thanks for sharing your work!

Nathan