PDA

View Full Version : silk cat. jaguar lemans car.

simdel1
07-14-2005, 12:41 PM
Silk cat

This is my painting of a Ďsilk-cutí jaguar lemans car.

Its been while since I painted. The last painting I did was in 2003, and the one before that was when I was still at school. So painting isnít exactly my specialty. In fact, you go as far to say that I very much dislike painting, hence I devise ways of making my life easyer.

For example, here I worked from a photo I took at a classic car race at Donington Park, here in England. I had a good idea what I wanted the finished article to look like, so using a combination of MSpaint and Photoshop I created a guide for me to work from. This was to make sure I didnít forget what I was supposed to be doing half way through! I printed the mock up and used the grid method to transfer the shape to the acrylic paper. Then to keep things really simple I used only 4 colours; red, blue, black and white. Colours have never been my strong point, especially since Iím colour blind. The execution isnít great as I have possibly the worst paint brushes ever. I have only 1 decent brush, and I could only use that for detail work. The style I chose also simplified things a lot, I basically reduced the number of colours I could use and removed the need for blending. I took progress photos as the painting evolved if anyone wants to see them. Just let me know. Iíll also post the original reference pic if anyone wants to compare.

This particular piece was completed in about 5 straight hours from start to finish. Itís painted in Daler-Rowney system 3 acrylic on 230g acrylic paper also from Daler-Rowney. It measures 390x250mm.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jul-2005/22992-P1010027almid.jpg

Wayne Gaudon
07-14-2005, 01:23 PM
like it .. like the "Forget the detail" aspect .. works well ..

Anita Murphy
07-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Perfect just as it is! Great subject!

chaz
07-14-2005, 05:17 PM
Works for me too

Chuck

jan409
07-15-2005, 12:31 AM
Good feel. I like it. Jan

simdel1
07-15-2005, 12:07 PM