PDA

View Full Version : San Carlos

stevenbg
07-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Here's one that I finished today.
It was done for this weeks' WDE project.
I took a little different approach on this one than usual.
I started with a fairly detailed 'contour' drawing on a toned surface, and then used relatively thin washes to apply my colors, rather than laying the paint on thickly.
I think it worked out pretty well, and I had a lot fun doing this.
Thanks for looking.

9"X12" acrylic on gessoed foam-core board.
(wish I had used Masonite now... :crying: )
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2005/38431-IMG_0430.JPG

Lady Carol
07-13-2005, 11:41 PM
Another excellent rendition of this image. Maureen did a pen and ink one. Anyway getting back to yours... I think this worked out well too. The colours are fresh. It is really captivating.

Anita Murphy
07-13-2005, 11:45 PM
This is super! Really like it!

deLYNNEation
07-13-2005, 11:45 PM
David, this is wonderful! Love the streetscene and the background mounains with cloud cover. The mountains are so real but are soft at the same time. Later on, you see the figures at right; they're hidden in the shadows. Great work. I need to view the WDE photos, there is a lot of good artwork coming out the event!

Which San Carlos is this? I opened it because I know of at least 2 towns named San Carlos. Don't tell me - Antigua? I'll have to visit the WDE.

Muy bien y bonita, David!

Bertoni
07-14-2005, 12:26 AM
Wonderful mood and color here!! Well done!!!!!!!!!!

stevenbg
07-14-2005, 01:20 AM
David, this is wonderful! Love the streetscene and the background mounains with cloud cover. The mountains are so real but are soft at the same time. Later on, you see the figures at right; they're hidden in the shadows. Great work. I need to view the WDE photos, there is a lot of good artwork coming out the event!

Which San Carlos is this? I opened it because I know of at least 2 towns named San Carlos. Don't tell me - Antigua? I'll have to visit the WDE.

Muy bien y bonita, David!
Lynne,
Thank you very much for your kind comments. I'm really glad you like it.
I'll save you the trouble of searching for the reference photo.....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jul-2005/38431-San_Carlos.JPG

deLYNNEation
07-14-2005, 02:04 AM
Thank you David. This is a wonderful photo and I think I will use it in the future.

I see the sign "Galeria"; therefore it must be a great street.

Wayne Gaudon
07-14-2005, 06:38 AM
stunning .. very well done. :clap: :clap: :clap:

jan409
07-14-2005, 08:52 AM
Really Great!!!!!! Jan

2bhappy
07-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Very nice work you captured the mood!
Blair

Charlie's Mum
07-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Nice to see this finished Steve - the colours give it almost a moonlit feeling - totally yours! ........ and very nice:D

Lynne, this San Carlos is in Guatamala - all of this week's WDE refs were from there.

And everyone - we'd be delighted to see you in the WDEs, wouldn't we Steve? :D

Wayne Gaudon
07-14-2005, 11:37 AM
where is WDE located .. Please and thank you.

3chaway9
07-14-2005, 12:25 PM
Very good...well done.

Charlie's Mum
07-14-2005, 12:53 PM
Wayne - and all who may be interested - the Weekend Drawing Events are located in the All Media Arts Events forum, this can be access from the channels list at the top of the page or from the Forum Jump at the bottom right. The forum is in the Town Centre, but here's a link just in case!

The AMAE forum (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)

See you there!:D