PDA

View Full Version : ACEO woe is me

Fagan
07-13-2005, 10:59 AM
Ok...I just put up 7 new ACEO cards. I have had maybe 3 viewers in the past couple of days. Is it just me or are you having less lookers also? It was pretty good just this past week. :eek:

Fagan
07-13-2005, 11:35 AM
Please check out this link. I am wondering if Sellathon is working properly ....or is it all Ebay. I know it has taken sellathon a while to post my newer works. thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7336599311

laurali
07-13-2005, 12:06 PM
I clicked it, Beverly. My ACEOs haven't been doing well either :(. Maybe when sales slump, the other artists are less inclined to bid.

Laura

Fagan
07-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Thanks for looking Laura! I saw the views on Sellathon...so it is all Ebay. rats. I wonder if the only sales we are getting is from other ACEO artists! *LOL* I know I have bought my share of them.

kiwicockatoo
07-13-2005, 02:30 PM
I thought ebay was on the upswing - I have 62 hits on the auction I posted yesterday.

Fagan
07-13-2005, 02:33 PM
I thought ebay was on the upswing - I have 62 hits on the auction I posted yesterday.

*LOL*..wow! where are you posting? I have even resorted to doing my "bizarre" posting again. This time I have a "shaman rock" to sell. The hits are already overflowing to my other auctions.

In regards to that one link I provided...I have had hits...but they are all coming from this forum. *LOL* no one is looking in the ACEO section of Ebay.

Fagan
07-13-2005, 02:34 PM
*LOL*...I just saw your rabbit auction! Fiver....Watership Down's Fiver?

kiwicockatoo
07-13-2005, 02:39 PM
*LOL*..wow! where are you posting? I have even resorted to doing my "bizarre" posting again. This time I have a "shaman rock" to sell. The hits are already overflowing to my other auctions.

In regards to that one link I provided...I have had hits...but they are all coming from this forum. *LOL* no one is looking in the ACEO section of Ebay.

I don't know what I'm doing right exactly. I post in the ebay aceo forum - I suspect most of my hits are from other artists. I know I spend a LOT of time just looking at other people's work. Last week was just HORRIBLE for hits - I don't know what changed for this week.

artbyhiromi
07-13-2005, 02:44 PM
some people apparently haven't been able to sign into ebay today and i heard rumor a router for one of the ISPs went down/had intermittent problems - who knows, but maybe something larger is going on

laurali
07-13-2005, 06:21 PM
With mine, I have found that the other artists get the bidding going. Sometimes, they are outbid by nonartists.

Laura

ElizaLeahy
07-13-2005, 07:05 PM
All the newer stuff I put up isn't selling. I put up my starting prices, and I think that was a big mistake.

Yes, fellow artists are ACEO collectors and bid, but usually only up to a few dollars (except in a few cases). But that gets the bidding started and then other people join in and force the prices up (if they do go up!)

I'm going to drop my starting price again. Tis better to sell then not!

As mentioned in the other thread we think that the special on eBay might have had something to do with it. Buyers might have lost faith.

kiwicockatoo
07-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Eliza, your starting prices do seem a bit on the high side. The trick is to start them low enough so they get a few bids right away. If they are too high, someone might just wait and pick them off as they end. Lower, and a couple of people may bid right away, hoping they'll get the lower price, and as we know as soon as something has bids it looks more desirable to other people. I thought my 4.99 start was high! The first few I did I put up for 2.99, and they went for 2.99. As soon as my bids went up a bit I raised them to the minimum I could bear selling them for. Your cards are gorgeous - they just need to be noticed.

TeAnne
07-14-2005, 03:00 AM
Please check out this link. I am wondering if Sellathon is working properly ....or is it all Ebay. I know it has taken sellathon a while to post my newer works. thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7336599311

Ohhhhhhhhhh I like that one Bev :) Beautiful :)

Fagan
07-14-2005, 07:45 AM
Thanks Teanne...I don't know why these girls are not getting looked at...much less selling. I have nine of them now. *LOL* I kept on painting them....but may get to keep them. I put up a bizarre auction. Usually I will get about 3,000 views in 7 days. I have only 50ish views .....not good at all. But there were some cross over viewers to my art.

pampe
07-16-2005, 04:24 PM
I'm doing ok with ACEO's right now...maybe your girls need a few days to settle in

gigidign
07-30-2005, 08:22 AM
Hello everyone,
I think part of the problem is that a lot of people are on vacation this time of year. I have seen a drop in viewings and bids also. I have heard that October and February are the best months to sell and summer is the worst.
Just don't give up now!! It will pick up again, I'm sure :cat:

My ACEO auctions (http://search.ebay.ca/dignard_W0QQsojsZ1QQfromZR40)

Meg Ilp
07-30-2005, 09:44 AM
Eliza, your starting prices do seem a bit on the high side. The trick is to start them low enough so they get a few bids right away. If they are too high, someone might just wait and pick them off as they end. Lower, and a couple of people may bid right away, hoping they'll get the lower price, and as we know as soon as something has bids it looks more desirable to other people. I thought my 4.99 start was high! The first few I did I put up for 2.99, and they went for 2.99. As soon as my bids went up a bit I raised them to the minimum I could bear selling them for. Your cards are gorgeous - they just need to be noticed.

You guys are selling these for $4 and $5 plus less than $2 shipping. That doesn't seem too high to me. I'm sure the cards don't cost very much, but how much time are you spending on painting them? How much per hour are you making after you factor in your overhead?

ale.l
07-30-2005, 05:57 PM
You guys are selling these for $4 and $5 plus less than $2 shipping. That doesn't seem too high to me. I'm sure the cards don't cost very much, but how much time are you spending on painting them? How much per hour are you making after you factor in your overhead?

Hi Meg, Generally you are right and we are probably not earnining much on them if anything sometimes.

Yet we all keep doing it! Why? What do you think :)

lmnelson
07-30-2005, 07:22 PM
Hi Meg, Generally you are right and we are probably not earnining much on them if anything sometimes.

Yet we all keep doing it! Why? What do you think :)

They are so much fun! :evil:

I'm totally addicted to the ACEOs and minis now. :D

pampe
07-31-2005, 03:31 PM
they also bring buyers to the other auctions

and

COMMISSIONS