PDA

View Full Version : Graphite Example

Jason Seiler
01-04-2002, 10:59 AM
I've got a little more time this morning than usual, so I thought I'd send out another one that I did for a guy who just retired from FORD....does equations and stuff for cars. This is one of my favorites that I've done, I really like the area around the eyes, glasses, and I like how the forhead turned out.

Sorry, I couldn't fit all of it on there, the scanner wasn't big enough.

I think that graphite is my favorite to work with, it's just got a nice look to it.

Take care,

digistyle
01-04-2002, 11:22 AM
Really nice work. The level of detail is amazing. I've never really took the time to study a caricature before. I think I see what you mean about the "triangle." Someone I met from the CIA once told me that they have no problem determining the identities of people wearing masks (handkerchiefs) which cover the lower portion of their faces for the same reason.

digistyle

Jason Seiler
01-04-2002, 11:45 AM
That's interesting, I never knew that...still, it would be hard to do a caricature of someone just by seeing there eye's....Just for fun I have done drawings of certain celberties, just their eyes....that's fun, trying to guess just by someone's eyes.

amanda
01-14-2002, 07:27 AM
Again, great job here, love the detail, the graphite work is great.

Jason Seiler
01-14-2002, 11:42 AM
Amanda,

Thank you very much, Graphite is my favorite to work with, I just did aa new sketch of Anthony Hopkins, I'll put it up today...just a sketch, not like this one here, but I like the feeling sketches have.
Take care,