PDA

View Full Version : New encautstic abstracts, an experiment...

edzstudios
07-12-2005, 05:38 PM
No "an experiment" is not the title of the piece, I call it "Theory of Mind", it's a diptych, both panels 12x16" encaustic on masonite. With these pieces I was experimenting with a few new encaustic techniques, I see some potential, and will continue to refine the process... The 1st two images are panel1/panel2 of the piece, the third is a detail of panel1, Where I think I achieved a particularly interesting with one of my experimental techniques :-) (it's much better IRL, sorry for the low rez photos... will try and have some links to higher rez versions...) Anyway, comments and critiques are welcome as always!!
-Ed

Mary Woodul
07-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Very interesting textures and colors, Ed. I see in the last one that is the detail, a sort of crakling effect to the encaustic. It is always so exciting to see what you come up with. Please send us more! :D

Jakeally
07-13-2005, 06:02 AM
Hi Ed ... great to see you again :D

These remind me of underwater scenes. Like part of the Titanic when the spotlights picked out the detail from the murkey water. OK so I have a vivid imagination but thats what came to mind.
Really interesting crackling effect and another stunning work of art :clap: