PDA

View Full Version : New ACEO /art card for sale group:)

artbylaurajean
07-12-2005, 04:12 PM
Hi, For all those that sell ACEO/art cards and supplies I have created a yahoo group for you to advertise. The group will be open to the public and only members will be allowed to post. I wanted to do this to help out artist to advertise all that is ACEO/Art Card related.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/artcardsforsale/

Hope this post is ok to do. I think it is a great internet sales strategy. :D

Picassosattic
07-12-2005, 05:13 PM
Laura Jean, you are the BEST!!!! This is a great idea. I have made very few ACEO art cards, but am very interested in really getting into it. So this sounds like a great group to join.

Ruth :)

artbylaurajean
07-12-2005, 05:46 PM
Laura Jean, you are the BEST!!!! This is a great idea. I have made very few ACEO art cards, but am very interested in really getting into it. So this sounds like a great group to join.

Ruth :)

Thank you. I am hoping the group will grow fast.
:)

surreal
07-12-2005, 06:06 PM
An excellent idea, Laura Jean.
:)

ElizaLeahy
07-12-2005, 06:44 PM
I put up a section in the forum on the ACEO site, but so few people will probably use it I don't know why I bother.

http://www.art-cards.org/forum/phpBB2/index.php?c=3&sid=8fb2301791488810751369d643bfe3e1

laurali
07-12-2005, 07:14 PM
I like yahoo groups because you can discuss (and compare) various venues. You aren't limited to the venue hosting the forum, or have constraints due to a special-interest vendor. And, they are more private (don't show up in search results).

The main downside is that they are not nicely threaded like a forum but you get used to it.

Laura

Lady Rando
07-12-2005, 07:22 PM
I applied for membership to the group. :)

ElizaLeahy
07-12-2005, 08:05 PM
I like yahoo groups because you can discuss (and compare) various venues. You aren't limited to the venue hosting the forum, or have constraints due to a special-interest vendor. And, they are more private (don't show up in search results).

The main downside is that they are not nicely threaded like a forum but you get used to it.

Laura

That's why I created the forum on www.art-cards.org

laurali
07-12-2005, 09:15 PM
I love your site, Eliza :-). The galleries are so nice!

I haven't been visiting over there as much because doing the ACEOs led me to doing larger pieces in acrylics and I have been sidetracked (plus, I am waiting for more white stock to come in).

Laura

artbylaurajean
07-12-2005, 10:22 PM

Hi,
I did not mean to step on toes. I figure its just another source of advertising to a different group of people. I just love the art-card website. :D

kiwicockatoo
07-12-2005, 11:04 PM

I like the way your forum is set up - and I like the fact that there are easy to find sections on how to do things. Sorry Eliza, I popped in a couple of times only, it doesn't seem like many people are using it. I think more people should check it out!

There is also a VERY active aceo forum at ebay which I use quite a bit. A lot of the aceo sellers on ebay are also buyers, and I've met quite a few very nice and talented people through that forum. I'm been more active on other forums and my blog lately since I don't seem to be welcome around here anymore.

surreal
07-12-2005, 11:17 PM
There is also a VERY active aceo forum at ebay which I use quite a bit. A lot of the aceo sellers on ebay are also buyers, and I've met quite a few very nice and talented people through that forum.
I really haven't given that forum a try!
Perhaps I should. ;)

I'm been more active on other forums and my blog lately since I don't seem to be welcome around here anymore.
You are very welcome here. :)
I am surprised and unhappy to hear that you don't feel your presence is welcomed here.

TeAnne
07-13-2005, 02:44 AM
Hi guys, we also have the ebay group. We have losts of stuff happening too and a lot that co incides with all of Eliza's hard work.
Go E, you ROCK lady. :)

ElizaLeahy
07-13-2005, 03:27 AM
Te, we can't talk about other auction sites on the ebay group.

I have a kitten purring on my shoulder. They are too cute. That has nothing to do with this, just wanted to share. lol

TeAnne
07-13-2005, 04:05 AM
ahhhhhhhhhh :) Tah E

Yep I realize that but, just wanted to remind peeps that it's there and the work you have done :D

Ali the Cat
07-13-2005, 06:01 AM
Hi,

I haven't posted for zonks on wetcanvas, but i'm just starting to again, so hello to everyone, its a great idea to have a forum for aceo artbylaurajean, and Eliza I just joined your Aceo site and want to say I think it's a really good site :) I did do a few orignal aceos but, feel a bit shy about posting them yet, I don't know why I get shy about showing my work...maybe lack of confidence...or perfectionism!!...dunno! anyway aceos are great idea aren't they! you can do them anywhere, just take a pocket full of cards and pocket paints or pencils etc. sit and doodle on the train or down the beach, in a cafe..etc. etc. :)