PDA

View Full Version : Painted Lacey Doily

valchina612
07-11-2005, 10:58 AM
This is the centre of a wooden serving tray which I painted in Acrylics. The background colour is Burgundy, mottled with a little Black, the centre "Doily" is also painted in Acrylics, and the Lace has been penned in White. It has been sealed with a Polyurethane Varnish to make it waterproof and heatproof.
I love penning, or painting lace with a very fine pointed brush -- I think I've mentioned before that I love painting fiddly things.
The size of the design is about 10"x7".
I'm sorry the photo is a little on the blurry side, but it is the best I could get with the light situation I had.

Val :wave:

All C&C wanted and appreciated.

bjcpaints
07-11-2005, 11:33 AM
Val,
This is an exquisite heirloom piece! Wish I had your patience and eyesight!
Barbara

bistus
07-11-2005, 11:48 AM
:clap: Nice job!

D.G.K.King
07-11-2005, 12:04 PM
Hi Val
This is excellent work. What make of small brush do you use? I have trouble finding one that will keep its tip. I would like to go down to at least size 00. The brush I use appears to be to soft unless you thin the paint so much that it requires far to many glazes.

Lady Carol
07-11-2005, 12:56 PM
What detail. It is lovely.

Wayne Gaudon
07-11-2005, 01:49 PM
beyond my patience level .. very beautiful work.

jan409
07-11-2005, 01:55 PM
Very pretty, so delicate. I love it. Jan

3chaway9
07-11-2005, 05:11 PM
WOW!!....it's sssssssssoooooooo good...'methinks you could do justice to miniature art'

valchina612
07-11-2005, 09:46 PM
BARBARA -- Thanks so much -- I really appreciate your comments.

MICHAEL -- Thankyou -- much appreciated.

DAVE -- Thanks so much Dave. I use a synthetic brush, Premier Mini Liner, size 1/0. It hasn't got a lot of hairs in it (new that is), and comes to a lovely fine point. Premier is an Australian Brand as far as I know, but you may be able to find something similar where you are. I hope so.

CAROL -- Your comments are very much appreciated -- thankyou.

WAYNE -- Thanks so much for your compliments -- I really appreciate them.

JAN -- Thankyou very much for your comments -- they are so appreciated.

CAROLINE -- Thanks so much -- I really appreciate your comments.

A BIG Thankyou one and all. :clap:

Val. :wave:

Lulu
07-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Oh my goodness! you sure DO like painting fiddly things! this is beautiful work Val!

slaterza
07-11-2005, 10:54 PM
Val,
this is a great piece. It obviosly took more then a few hours to paint. You have shown great patience and a steady hand in the work you have done.

family2dyl
07-12-2005, 04:40 AM
So delicate and absolutely beautiful looking!

laudesan
07-12-2005, 05:03 AM
This is an absolutelu beautiful peice.

I hope you don't mind, but I sharpened it in photoshop..

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jul-2005/22284-WC_--_Burgundy_Tray_with_Pansies_and_Lace_Edging.jpg

Just beautiful !!!!!

valchina612
07-12-2005, 10:14 AM
LULU -- Thankyou so much for your comments -- they are very much appreciated.

SAM -- Thankyou so much -- I honestly don't know how long it took me, because I enjoy doing this type of thing so much, that I just go in to my own little world, and time means nothing.

DEBBIE -- Thankyou so much for your very much appreciated comments.

JJ -- Thankyou so much, and thanks for sharpening it for me -- much appreciated.

Thankyou one and all.
Val. :wave: