PDA

View Full Version : Death

D.G.K.King
07-10-2005, 04:21 PM
I painted this one a little while ago based around the commonalities between beliefs, death being one of them. Where as it may not have quite the same meaning to others the common truths that link all beliefs hold deep meaning to me. With this picture you are seeing a window into my soul, true in symbolic form but a window never the less. The inner gold frame is part of the painting itself not the frame around it.

http://soulpurpose.me.uk/images/death.jpg

Wayne Gaudon
07-10-2005, 07:21 PM
that is cool .. that inner framework really pushes the piece to another level as well but symbolic chatter is always of interest .. even when we have no clue. Very nice work.

Faded
07-10-2005, 09:00 PM
I really like this Dave. The gold works very well as the window frame, the view inward rather than out. Great piece.
-Faded

Lady Carol
07-10-2005, 09:30 PM
Certainly has made me think. The inner frame works well. I didn't realise it was paint until you said so.

D.G.K.King
07-11-2005, 06:32 AM
Hi Wayne
Thank you
I have given the key to reading it but prefer that people interpret it in their own way.

D.G.K.King
07-11-2005, 06:58 AM
Hi David
Thank you
It did not look right as just as an oval picture but I wanted to keep the oval shape because it is in itself a symbol. By painting an inner frame work I was able to keep the oval and hopefully enhance the picture as well.

D.G.K.King
07-11-2005, 07:06 AM
Hi Carol
Thank you
I thought my unsteady hand while painting the oval boarder may have given it away. The inner frame work is painted using Winsor and Newton acrylic gold and old gold and then edged to indicate light reflection.