PDA

View Full Version : Schmincke Sets/Pastel Open Stock Update

Roan
08-15-2000, 11:16 PM
I haven't forgotten! I'm still working on the open stock list but real life keeps intervening. What I do have, however, is an AWESOME deal I found on Schminke pastel sets. I have to let you guys in on this!

I was nosing around eBay a couple of months ago and saw a brand new 180 set of Schminke up for sale. I'd been wanting a set of those (they retail anywhere from $499 to $650) so I thought, "What the hay!" and put a bid on it. I got them for $399!

Now, the people I bought them from, Clinkscales Pastels, doesn't just sell over eBay -- they can order them in for you at that price. They don't keep stock and it can take 3 weeks for your order to come in, but I honestly don't know where else you can get a 180 set for $399.

So, if you are interested you can haunt eBay and wait for Susan (Clinkscales) to post one for sale (just make sure you make their reserve bid), or you can order directly from them.

I haven't checked the rest of their prices yet, so I'll just list a a few sets:

Schmincke 45 full sticks assorted $120
Schmincke 60 full sticks assorted $150
Schmincke 180 full sticks + fixative $399

Btw, I tested this Schmincke fixative and it's the best I've ever tried (as I rule I don't use fixative at all).

If you are interested, you can contact Susan Clinkscales at:

[email protected]

or call her at:

(580) 252-2959

Tell her "Happy_Spatula" sent you (or use my real name, Eileen Kortright :P)

Happy painting!

------------------
Mar sin leibh an-drāsda,

Roan