PDA

View Full Version : my dogs

grey5ft2
07-06-2005, 01:43 AM
I put this in WIP and I should have posted it in acrylics. I needed help in sizing it to fit as well.

This is my first original painting and my first post.

krystakaye
07-06-2005, 03:43 AM
HEY GREY5ft2-welcome to WC. This is a great place to gain info and get feedback...hope you love it as much as I do!
Lovely work! Hope to see more! What did you paint on? Canvas? Masonite? Wood? What size is this? What was your thought process in painting them in varying perspectives? Keep the posts coming! Thanks for sharing! Krysta

3chaway9
07-06-2005, 05:50 AM
Hi,
three handsome dogs.....well done

Lady Carol
07-06-2005, 08:49 AM
Wonderful dogs. I bet they are a handful when they want to be.

jan409
07-06-2005, 09:12 AM
Very good. They look as if they are a happy trio. I love dogs, and yours are great. You captured personality. Wonderfully done. Jan

Wayne Gaudon
07-06-2005, 09:41 AM
the composition works well .

Jenny32
07-06-2005, 09:44 AM
I love how you captured each of their personalities! The middle dog definitely looks like a smoocher!! :) Very well done!

- Jenny

Artguy29
07-06-2005, 05:37 PM
Very nice work...and welcome to the acrylics forum!

Dave

grey5ft2
07-23-2005, 03:08 PM
this is a 20 x 24 canvas. The painting I have started....now that I am inspired by this web site....is of the Golden retriever Tucker at a younger age - to be called Tuckered out, me and my monkey - him as a puppy with his chew toy (painting on wood). Up to now I had only been painting on wood and wood furniture. I actually like wood - 'functional art' I call it. Also the varnish finish brings out the color of the paints.
My thought process of layout was:
Our oldest daughter had taken a photograph of Taffy (alaskan malamute/lab cross) and Buddy (Bernese Mountain Dog) smiling back at her as she was letting them back in the house....it was such a great picture!!!!. Unfortunately Buddy passed away at 5 yrs. We then we got Tucker (golden retreiver) shortly after. I finally got a picture of Tucker smiling at about 1 1/2 yrs old. Taffy is now 14 and starting to fail in health. I wanted to capture the three dogs in Christina's life and this just expressed the feeling.

2bhappy
07-23-2005, 05:50 PM
This is great! Paint what you love and it shows.
:wave: Blair

k9artisan
07-24-2005, 06:59 AM
Welcome to wetcanvas! I also love to paint dogs and have just recently started working with acrylics again after a 17 year hiatus. I really like your painting. You did a great job capturing the personality of each dog and the Bernese Mtn dog is my favorite! Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing more of your work.
Amber