PDA

View Full Version : OT - Going to Baltimore, MD - any hints

artist_pw
07-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Hi:

I'm going to travel for work to Baltimore, MD in a little more than a week. I'll be there for at least 4 days, and working during the day, and probably carless in the downtown area close to the Univ of MD medical center. Does anyone have any particular hints about interesting things to see. I thought I'd try to see the USS Constitution, and maybe go over to Fel's Point. Any tips are appreciated much! :)

p.s. I noticed after this was posted, it landed in the Pastel Library. I meant it for Pastel Talk. How weird.

Kathryn Wilson
07-03-2005, 12:11 AM
Hi:

I'm going to travel for work to Baltimore, MD in a little more than a week. I'll be there for at least 4 days, and working during the day, and probably carless in the downtown area close to the Univ of MD medical center. Does anyone have any particular hints about interesting things to see. I thought I'd try to see the USS Constitution, and maybe go over to Fel's Point. Any tips are appreciated much! :)

p.s. I noticed after this was posted, it landed in the Pastel Library. I meant it for Pastel Talk. How weird.

I moved your thread over to Pastel Talk -

Don't miss the Aquarium and the waterfront - it will be especially busy this summer, so go early in the day.

HarvestMoon
07-03-2005, 03:09 AM
Don't forget your pastels or sketchpad for evenings when most things are closed. If you bring a digital camera and Notebook PC you can sketch some of the sites. The people you are working with will have lots of suggestions too, including where to eat!

scall0way
07-05-2005, 02:22 PM
Ditto on the aquarium, really great. The whole waterfront area has been nicely done. Some nice restaurants there too, but I was last there many years ago so can't recall anything specific.

Debbie C.

learning to paint
07-05-2005, 10:37 PM
For crabs, try Obyricki's (not positive about spelling); it's between the Harborfront and Fel's Point. Also, check out a big old restaurant and (best of all), an enormous collection of oil paintings and other art. It was in an old townhouse neighborhood,. 3244 Eastern Ave, Baltimore, Maryland -
Tel: 410.327.8365

Nah, check that, the place closed in 1999. Still, there are articles about the restaurant's art collection sale via Sotheby's--
http://www.thecityreview.com/f99shaus.html
http://www.maineantiquedigest.com/articles/haus0300.htm

artist_pw
07-09-2005, 12:30 AM
Hi:

Thanks to all. I'm going to try to see the USS Constititution that supposed to be anchored there, along with the Aquarium and some of Fel's Point. I may have to go to Baltimore frequently, and as I do, I will try to find different fun things. I do have a digital camera, and will take references photos and post them when I get a chance! :)

artist_pw
07-20-2005, 10:09 PM
Hi:

Baltimore is so very cool!!! The inner harbor area by where the USS Constellation is docked is full of interesting views, buildings and people. It is very nice to walk around, and it is full of nice spots to eat and visit. Unfortunately, my camera is on the fritz, or else I would have taken a bunch of nice pictures. Anyway, it is fun being able to be here, and it's almost like a vacation, except for the times that I'm working. :)