PDA

View Full Version : Ezine/newsletter: your opinions, please!

Epicurea
01-02-2002, 05:44 PM
Help me brainstorm a bit here. I've been working on getting an update newsletter started for my site, but I thought I *might* also include a once-monthly ezine type newsletter...musings on art with a different topic each month, likely even written by different artists each month for a variety of perspective.

Here's the important part: If I do this, I want to include free ad/link space for artists and/or writers.

There's been a link concerning this in my signature for a month or so, but I haven't really done anything with it yet. I was thinking I'd start out with 10 or so ad spaces and go from there; maybe 3 lines each max? Ads would have to include links to the artists' websites and/or auction pages, I think. I really don't want to fill up a page with banners, so I was thinking text-only for these. Articles would naturally include proper credit, a short bio, and a website or auction page link.

Basically the point would be to help other artists; these same ads/links would also get a space on the links page on my site. (There's a couple of WC members listed there already, along with links to WC & AN.) So what do you think? A workable idea or sounds like a P.I.T.A.?

Your comments & opinions (critiques? :D ) on this are very welcome!

Cassandra

Epicurea
01-10-2002, 05:15 PM
Okay....scrap that idea, I guess.

hairballsdotcom
01-10-2002, 06:55 PM
Cassandra -- I don't think this is a "bad" idea, but it sounds like a lot of work for you. I've been involved many times in newsletters and other "monthly" type activities. I've even started a couple of different local group organizations -- it all got very 'old' and became a drugery very quickly. Mostly because I started it, I felt responsible for keeping it going, keeping it interesting AND it was like pulling teeth to get others to help. I now keep my distance from such things, unless there's a real benefit for myself. If you feel there IS a real benefit for YOU in this, then you might want to look into it further. Just remember YOU will be doing all the work, including begging for others input ;-) IMHO.