VictoriaS
01-02-2002, 01:36 PM
About 8" x 10", oil on photo paper.

Thanks,
Victoria

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jan-2002/01-12-29_High_Beams.jpg

ThinkSeeDraw
01-02-2002, 06:50 PM
I think this one is cool. The only thing i don't like is the tree thing. that needs 2 go, then i would like it all

colorme
01-02-2002, 09:30 PM
i like the tree, :D. This one is probably my favorite one from you so far :).

diphascon
01-03-2002, 06:20 AM
I like this one.

I like a lot of Lionel Feininger as well :)

keep on

martin

AmyH
01-03-2002, 11:23 AM
nice. my eye gets caught on the geen triangle on th right. it wants to go back to the begining (the large triangl on the left) but the leap through the blue is long.

texure works well. the brown objects along the bottom make me think of animals.

amy

reynolds
01-03-2002, 11:29 AM
this is such a nice piece of work, it has just enough tension and release to keep the eye moving yet not to much. i love the colors and the way that the soft texture balances the clear edges.

VictoriaS
01-03-2002, 12:42 PM
Thank you, Strawberrrie and Amy. That's two nays for the green triangle. My boyfriend got caught on that, too, but he said that was his favorite part. Either way, I guess it does pull the eye too much. Thank you both for pointing that out.

And thanks, Colorme and Reynolds, for your nice compliments. Always nice to hear.

Martin: I thought I was the only person who knew about Lyonel Feininger! When I was a child, we had two prints by him hanging in our living room. I loved them. For years I have wondered who those pictures were by. Just this past October, I saw something by Feininger at the National Gallery in D.C., and thought, "That's him!" Searched him on the internet, and sure enough... I'm really happy that you could see the influence.

Thanks,
Victoria

owens1299
01-04-2002, 10:06 AM
I really like the angles in this piece of work... but they arent hard and cold... which makes me like this painting even more... and i also like that you can make whatever you want out of it in a way... my hubby thought that it was a funky moon secne lol... and i saw it more as more as shapes working together...

VictoriaS
01-04-2002, 12:11 PM
Thanks much, Shannon!

Victoria

dnip24
01-04-2002, 04:40 PM
awesome!

Tony Perrotta
01-05-2002, 07:51 PM
Hi Victoria, I tried to do something like that quite a few times with watercolors, but I just cant get it.((I gave up wc's anyway but thats another story)). You are the one to answer my question it's driving me nuts. I've tried all the methods suggested to me. How do you get the edges so sharp?????

Thanks Tony

kelly
01-06-2002, 01:11 PM
I like the effect of this...what is the advantage of using photo paper?

crazi4art
01-06-2002, 04:06 PM
hey,
Oh my gosh.........that is so beautiful.........i absolutly love it. great job. keep posting all your work!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

VictoriaS
01-07-2002, 02:58 PM
Thank you, dnip, Tony, Kelly and Shivani.

Kelly: On photo paper, the paint goes on very thinly without use of any thinners or mediums. It's economical (but I have no idea how archival), and I just kind of enjoy it, and I like the look of it. I didn't use any brushes on this; only cotton balls to apply the paint.

Tony: Why'd you give up watercolors? This one is oils; I used tape for the edges. Watercolor, because of the texture of the paper, tends to run under the edges of tape and there goes your straight line. Maybe it would work if you used the paint very dryly (and on dry paper). Or it works fine with spattering. Or you might want to try it on some kind of absolutely smooth paper. Maybe Yupo (which is really plastic) (see Carly's recent posting).

Victoria

Tony Perrotta
01-07-2002, 06:36 PM
Hi Victoria, I am now painting in Acrylics, I should be able to get line like that now. I gave up wc's because nothing I have ever tried in my life has ever beat me like they did. When I started painting I saw that they were very popular so I gave it a try, but alway in the back of my head I knew I shouldn't have. I like Acry,s thats what I wanted to do in the first place, I really want to learn Impressionistic style painting, maybe oils some day. I am going to try an abstract in acry. and we'll see I'm sure it will be alright. like you say the lines will stay sharp.

Thanks alot, Tony