happy new year

Aria

aria
01-01-2002, 12:16 PM
that's all folks ... from now !

Aria

diane555
01-02-2002, 07:18 AM
Allo Aria....Bienvenu aux sculpture forum!

It's always so exciting to see new people posting in here :) This is a beautiful piece Aria :clap: I love the unfinshed look of the surface. I always try to achieve that in my work but somehow I get carried away. This is fired terra cotta? How long have you been sculpting? Looking forward to many more posts from you! Looking forward to more posts from you!

Di

"My french is not good so we are even :)"

Jeffi
01-02-2002, 11:10 AM
Aria,

That's a wonderful piece! I really like the pose, and the texture is visually very interesting. I have a few questions - did you use a live model to create this? Also, did you hollow it out, or is it a solid piece. Also, how long have you been sculpting? I'm new to sculpting and this forum myself, so it's very helpful to see the works of others. Keep up the good work!
:clap:

max nelson
01-03-2002, 12:48 AM
Aria..como talle vous. Please excuse, my French has just been used up. A very warm welcome to WC. I saw your charcoal in the painting forum and knew you had lots of talent. Your sculpture confirms it. We promise not to comment on your English if you will not laugh at our use of it.:D This is a very nice piece! What did you use to patina it with? Lovely texture and pose. Look forward to more post from you. Again, welcome to the Wet Canvas World Wide Family.
:) Max

aria
01-03-2002, 05:57 AM
Hello to all. I will try and answer your questions.

"did you use a live model to create this?"
Usually, I use pictures. I can't afford to have a private model at home (my wife is not very patient!). Recently, I have discovered a website, great for sculptors. There are real artistic poses. You can rotate the model at 360° and have a point of view from below or above.
The link is modelalisa.com :cat:
Actually, I have discovered the link here, in the forum "the figure". Other artists use it too. It's really inovative and useful!

" did you hollow it out, or is it a solid piece."
It is made from clay. I didn't hollow it.

"how long have you been sculpting?"
I have been sculpting for about two years. I have about twenty pieces. It is my hobby.

"What did you use to patina it with?"
Toothbrush and shoe polish ! Afterwards, I brushed it like my own shoes to make it shine. You just have to choose from the different colors. The secret is : the less shoe polish as possible.

"This is fired terra cotta?"
Yes.

Thank you. I am very pleased you like my work !

Happy New Year!

Aria

MKathleen
01-06-2002, 02:12 PM
Aria, Bonjour, aimez votre morceau de sculpture!

Mieux,
Kathy:clap:

max nelson
01-07-2002, 06:08 PM
Wish I'd said that..ya know..what Kathy said>:D
Max

leajima
01-12-2002, 05:05 AM
Quelle belle pièce !

J'aime beaucoup ce traité à la DEGAS !

Chaleureusement,
Lea

hayak
01-19-2002, 03:57 PM
great :clap: :clap: :clap:

crazi4art
01-26-2002, 06:36 PM
great job. i really like it!

daopaola
02-04-2002, 03:56 AM
I'm sitting here with my jaw scraping the floor - please don't touch this anymore, its absolutely gorgeous. Wow! Wow!

Paola

aria
02-08-2002, 03:01 PM
thank you all,

aria