PDA

View Full Version : Geisha Portrait

Mikey
06-24-2005, 07:14 AM
The charcoal sketch for this is on Open Critques. I'm still correcting her right eye. This is fairly local colour and I've yet to decide which way I want to go with that.

16 x 12 inches oils.

Mikey

LisaArt
06-24-2005, 07:22 AM
Looking great so far, Mikey, Like her shy expression and placement on the canvas....I also love Geisha paintings. Have a great weekend.

laketrees
06-24-2005, 07:51 AM
Hi Mikey...looks like you may have some dramatic lighting here?......I like the pose and expression.....you seem to come up with so many different versions....and yet they all have that enigmatic expression.... :cool:
cheers kim

Gilberte
06-24-2005, 08:45 AM
This is an excellent start Mikey ! I'm looking forward to the next installment ...

Mikey
06-24-2005, 10:04 AM
Thanks Lisa, let's see how Geisha I can make her, but without all that makeup.

Hi Kim, I'd like something which shows true affection and love, the qualities of a woman being cherished. That may be more in a full body portrait. But enigma, well some mystery always helps I guess.

Thanks Gilberte, I feeling quite good about this one.

Mikey

Anita Murphy
06-25-2005, 05:34 AM
Mikey she looks so SAD! Or is it just demure? No, I think sad!
Loved the charcoal you did of this so interested to see what you do with this.

Mikey
06-25-2005, 06:47 AM
Thanks Anita. There will be a story here for sure.

Mikey

Mikey
06-25-2005, 09:05 AM
I building up the modelling using the medium to thicken the paint. I've got to restate the darks now to give me a better idea of the shadows. But alas I've just sat on me glasses to have to visit the optician first. They are plastic lenses fortuantely, ha, ha.

Mikey

laketrees
06-26-2005, 03:02 AM
Hi Mikey....this is looking so good....the features are amazing...like the chiselled shadow under the nose....the lips are excellent....and even though her eyes are slightly different (viewers left eye seems to be a tiny bit more open)...they look realistic...IMO...
hope you got your glasses fixed..... :wave:
cheers kim

Anita Murphy
06-26-2005, 07:08 AM
This is really taking shape - but still so very sad! She really looks like she needs a great big hug!

Mikey
06-26-2005, 08:49 AM
Thanks Kim. Yes I got the glasses fixed quickly.

Anita, yes she needs a good old hug. She's on the main OCF now.

Mikey