PDA

View Full Version : Watercolor: Creol Jazz

Redwine
06-23-2005, 12:06 AM
I'm new. I'm more embarassed by how long it is taking me to figure out how to make my pictures small enough to fit on this forum than I am of how bad my picture may be. Hope my file attachment isn't too dinky. Any way. I've been doing watercolor for around 9 months or so. This I don't feel is my best work. I feel like something is missing. Any suggestions? I'm very open to suggestions.

P.S. Any Mac users out there that can help me shrink my jpeg files? :confused:

Redwine
06-23-2005, 12:08 AM
ok. my attachment is dinky. I'll keep trying to figure this computer out.

laketrees
06-23-2005, 07:01 AM
Hi there...Redwine...have you tried using the quick links button (at the top near Log Out) to load your image through the image uploader....sorry can't help you out on the mac....
cheers kim

sonyabologna
06-23-2005, 11:58 PM
Hi Redwine; about making your pictures smaller: the best program is Adobe Photoshop, which does cost a bit to buy but is the best image editing program you can get. But there are little freeware and shareware programs that you can get for just things like cropping, rotating, and re-sizing. When I'm too lazy (or low on RAM) to open Photoshop, I use a little tiny application called Goldberg. You can download it for free here:
http://mypage.bluewin.ch/opus/freeware/g2/osx.html
It's easy to crop and resize. I usually make uploaded images about 500 pixels wide, at least, and keep the quality as high as I can. If you need any help you can PM me.

I hope to see your picture soon at a larger size, because the small version you uploaded looks very cool!!

Sonya

Theresa1021
06-24-2005, 12:59 AM
From what I can see the rendering of the Jazz band is captured perfectly!! Great work!!!

Gilberte
06-24-2005, 02:27 AM
Me too, from what I can see I like it a lot.

To resize images you can google for "Imageshack" or "Flickr". It's quite simple that way. Good luck !

Redwine
06-24-2005, 03:06 PM
Creol Jazz.jpg Creol Jazz 3.jpg Creol Bass.jpg Hope those turned out better. I have no way to tell before I post weather or not my pictures are going to show up... I hope so! Well, I worked on it some more yesterday, it just needed something. I think I like where it is now. What do you think. The first pic is what I posted originally and the next 2 are how it looks now, couldn't fit all my guys onto the scanner. If this doesn't work I may have to post in my gallery.

Thank you all for your help and encouraging comments.

sonyabologna
06-24-2005, 03:24 PM
Redwine, I don't think it worked...did you use the uploader first? If you look up near the top of the page, you'll see it under "Quick Links." Hope that works!

Mikey
06-24-2005, 03:31 PM
A very enjoyable painting Redwine. Is it watercolour and what size is it? I'm looking forward to seeing some more work from you.

Mikey

Redwine
06-24-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm sorry Sonya, I'm just not seeing the "quick links" at the top of the page. I'm really starting to feel like a putz. I was unable to download the Goldberg deal too. This is so silly, there really is no reason I should be having such a hard time figuring this out. Geeze... :o

I'm also looking into your suggestions Gilberte. I don't really want to be on the computer all day, but I gotta figure this thing out.

Thanks

HLR

A Few Pigments
06-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Hi Redwine and welcome to WetCanvas and the OC Forum. The link below should answer all your questions about uploading photos and more.
Help on photographing paintings, uploading images, PM box etc
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138344

From the photo you posted your painting looks very well done.

mr sandbanx
06-26-2005, 10:57 PM
Redwine this is wonderful! post this in the watercolour gallery...

and welcome.
Chris

mr sandbanx
06-26-2005, 11:00 PM
redwine: top of the page is two blue lines. The second one has "quick links along the right side... that is a drop down menu... hit Image Uploader at the bottom of that and Bobs yer uncle..."

Redwine
08-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Sorry it took me a month to get back here and post some good pictures of my WIP. I'm actually surprised this thread is still here. Anyway, the picture is done (at least for now). The first pic is what I originally posted last month just in an easier to see size, the second is the completed piece, and the third is the bass player that got cut off when i scanned the picture because it wouldn't all fit.

Any feedback would be great! Thanks for looking. H

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Aug-2005/63994-Creol_Jazz.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Aug-2005/63994-Creol_Jazz_3.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Aug-2005/63994-Creol_Bass.jpg

Gilberte
08-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Fantastic !!!
Kind of subject we don't see much on this forum.
I wish I'd painted it, it's so full of life and music.

Matt Sammekull
08-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Very charming and quite lovely!

//matt

gkr457
08-09-2005, 06:14 PM
I like it! You captured the music very nicely. It has such life! My personal style is very tight, so I envy your technique and approach. Also the vertical colors that comprise the figures and their clothing really compliment (if that's the right word) the horizontal lines created by the street and horizontal lines you've created by positioning of the figures on the curb.

Redwine
08-09-2005, 11:29 PM
Gilberte and Matt thanks for the compliments, very appreciated.

gkr457 thanks so much for the feed back on the paintings, I don't get too much in the feed back and critique department out here at my house, thank you. I thought my painting style was tight. So maybe I'm not too tight after all. :)

lmundiclan
08-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Love it as is. Makes me think of beigne's and coffee with chicory at Cafe' Du Mond, in N'orlands.
what is the size of this painting and what paper is it done on?

Redwine
08-12-2005, 09:40 PM
I believe it is 10"x14" and I painted it on Arches 140#CP. Thanks for looking Imundiclan, glad you enjoyed it.