PDA

View Full Version : Fibers Tree WIP

sassybird
12-31-2001, 07:06 PM
I am only showing closeups for the moment. It is colder than a bugger outside and it will have to photographed out there once it is completed because of the size.

This is a dried up weed I found and liked the looks of. I have been wrapping the twigs and limbs with black embroidery thread, very painstaking and slow going. I am weaving in copper and silver threads and copper wire to enhance the piece. Attached are some black and copper beads from the Czech Republic. Gotta love their beads:)

reynolds
12-31-2001, 07:14 PM
the creative lady who sees art in EVERYTHING. i love the creative use of materials, happy happy in the new year.

sassybird
12-31-2001, 07:16 PM
Thank you, gal:D You have a happy new year too!

CarlyHardy
12-31-2001, 10:34 PM
I love using natural things in art, too. This makes me think of the native Indian dream weavings made with natural fibers and beads and sprigs! Can't wait to see the entire piece.
carly

sassybird
01-01-2002, 08:07 AM
Carly,
My mothers step father, the only grandfather I really knew was full bloodied Choctaw(sp) (It is early and the brain isn't awake yet ...lol) I learned a lot about their beliefs and ways of doing things through him. He taught me bead weaving when I was very young. It has been a long time since I have done any of that, but from his influence I have always loved working natural fibers into my work. I think he would be proud of what I have accomplished in my art over the years. When my grandmother passed away I found a painting I had done when I was about 10 still hanging in their bedroom. It made me cry and feel happy at the same time. They always encouraged me with my work

Leaflin
01-01-2002, 12:35 PM
This is going to be fantastic Sass :)
I love working with the gifts that nature has placed before us.
There is so much there for us to create with.
I grew basil this year in my garden for the sole purpose of pulling it up when it died and using the roots as minature trees :)
I look forward to seeing the progress of this.
How large will the finished work be?

:D HAPPY CREATIVE NEW YEAR :D

CarlyHardy
01-03-2002, 09:14 PM
Sassy, my grandmother's grandmother was Cherokee. I don't know if that gives me a degree of Indian blood...but I do have the straight dark hair and high cheekbones of my grandmother!

Waiting to see that finished work!
carly

colorme
01-03-2002, 10:21 PM
i can't wait to see it finished! :)

Gisela
01-04-2002, 12:09 PM
I'm with Colorme -- I can't wait to see more! :)

Gisela

dnip24
01-11-2002, 11:58 PM
looks original sassybird! Excellent!

joemajury
01-16-2002, 07:33 PM
Fess up now,
you only use these left overs cause you cant afford any of the good stuff :D
You KNOW Im only joking, in my dinosaur projects, it was ALL leftover stuff, I ALWAYS look for an art use of things before I throw it out.
Cant wait to see it finished

Joe
;) ;)