PDA

View Full Version : Inspired by a song........

maria_khurram
06-15-2005, 09:46 AM
A few days ago I was listening a song, which is a romantinc one. It inspired me so much that I decided to illustrait it. Well you can tell me how much I succeed.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jun-2005/59753-zyx_4WC.jpg
Here is the English translation of lyrics.

O my Beloved, come in my heart
Dont leave after getting in
Some time there will be flirting and some time love around us
Sometimes we will be agree and sometimes we will deny (love)
You will try to get my trust and I will (Not really) be angry with you.

Dont leave after getting in

There will be a night with ful moon bloom
And a grand gathering of stars, like wedding guests
And we will talk first time with the feeling of being in love
And we will sing a sweet song with the feeling of happiness and joy.

Dont leave after getting in.

CarlyHardy
06-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Maria,
You did an excellent job of interpreting the lyrics of the song. Your painting communicates young love, shared dreams of the future, and the windswept shawl and hair show them facing the uncertainty together.

Thanks for sharing with us!
carly

prestonsega
06-15-2005, 11:41 PM
This is a colorful mood piece. The transluscency of the of the shawl contrasting to the reflective opacity of the skirt (almost shimmers like satin) is a nice touch.

maria_khurram
06-17-2005, 01:02 AM
Thanks both of you. Well this song inspired me so much and I dont know that I translated it well or not, I am not a professional poet. Poetry is my hobby but it comes least in my interest list.
You can tell me if there is any error in the song. Because as you know English is not my language. I learnt it as a second language.

Regards

sundiver
06-17-2005, 09:21 AM
The figures have a youthful innocence and optimism that go well with the words. Romantic, indeed!

stonewhiteclown
06-18-2005, 06:00 AM
Hi Maria! The painting is charming, it's my personal favourite of yours so far! Great stuff! :clap:

maria_khurram
06-18-2005, 03:40 PM
The figures have a youthful innocence and optimism that go well with the words. Romantic, indeed!

Thanks Wendy, well as you can see I am from Pakistan. So English is not my home language and I am not a poet also. I translated the lyrics in English in a correct manner as I think. You can freely tell me if there is any mistake, spelling, grammatical or any other mistake you can tell me. I always want to learn if someone teaches me.

Hi Maria! The painting is charming, it's my personal favourite of yours so far! Great stuff!

Thanks Alex, well I cant post this one in your thread "Two hours of painting" or something like this because it took much time to be painted.

Thanks again for looking and liking it.

Regards

PSPertje
03-19-2006, 07:06 AM
I found the thread Kirsten was referring to, oh this is lovely, yet it would ben nice to continue that thread with song inspirations, i am going to have a look into my old song illustrations.

ColorMyWorld
03-19-2006, 08:13 AM
You did a great job interpretting the song, both in words and picture.
I like the way they are standing together facing the wind and what may come their way.
You said this too a long time. How long did it take to get the idea? Did you know exactly what you wanted to show when you started?

Pat Isaac
03-19-2006, 10:55 AM
What a beautiful painting and great interpretation of the song. The young lovers are full of joy, hope and anticipation.

Pat

The Art Corner
03-25-2006, 02:46 PM
What a beautiful painting. I especially love the skirt. What paper & oil pastels did you use?

maria_khurram
03-28-2006, 12:14 PM
I found the thread Kirsten was referring to, oh this is lovely, yet it would ben nice to continue that thread with song inspirations, i am going to have a look into my old song illustrations.

Hehe, thanks Pertje. BTW, the real one is this..:lol: as related to Digital Art.

Painting Challenge # 4_October_2005_Stretch your imagination (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298135)

You said this too a long time. How long did it take to get the idea? Did you know exactly what you wanted to show when you started?

Thanks CMW. It took me 2 days to get the picture. Yes, I have settled the environment in my mind when I started. I chose the colors, the background and the subject then drew the sketch. The shawl is drawn on special pupose.

Pat, thanks.

What paper & oil pastels did you use?

The paper was my sketch book so it was a plain paper. OPs are of students quality and not good to mention.:D Still looking for good ones.:eek:

Thanks all.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Mar-2006/59753-chai.gif

fugitive
03-29-2006, 01:25 PM
I don't know nothin bout that song, and to me music has to be heard, cause that's what it's about. The painting is romantic, and so is the author, that's all I can tell.