PDA

View Full Version : Beginnings, The First Annual Members Show Opens!!

CarlyHardy
06-15-2005, 12:51 AM
Last year when we first began talking about an Oil Pastel Society, this moment was just a dream, but today the dream is a reality.

I am pleased to announce the opening of the First Annual Oil Pastel Society Members' Show, Beginnings!

Congratulations to all the Award winners! and a huge thank you to all who helped to make this dream come true :clap: :clap:

Click here to enter the Oil Pastel Society Gallery ( http://oilpastelsociety.com/2005Show/Beginnings.htm)

Be sure to vote for your "Viewer's Choice Award" by sending an email with the title of your favorite to [email protected] Please vote only once to be fair. The winner of this award will be announced in the August Oil Spiel!

carly

prestonsega
06-15-2005, 01:56 AM
Well let me be the 2nd to say congrats to all the winners....I can't even imagine how difficult it was for the juror to pick the top paintings from such a comprehensive collection of superb quality artwork!!!!!!!

Congrats and thanks to the OPS officers for pulling it off!

Kathryn Wilson
06-15-2005, 06:58 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THIS YEAR'S WINNERS. It certainly is a dream-come-true to see all the wonderful work in oil pastels displayed together for everyone to view and enjoy.

A HUGE thank-you to all the people who put the show together - it looks fantastic and I hope lots and lots of people "attend" the show - :D

Now, off to vote for my favorite - but how in the world am I only going to pick one! :eek:

sundiver
06-15-2005, 07:38 AM
Wow! When I see an array like that it is so motivating! I want to get out my o.p.s right now and start painting! But I'm at work, hmmph, silly old day job anyway :wink2: .

But what a show! (Put THAT in yer pipe and smoke it, Pastel Journal :p )

vltz
06-15-2005, 08:49 AM
GREAT SHOW! Beautiful work! Congratulations to everyone who worked so hard to produce the show and to all the artists who submitted their art! :clap: :clap: :clap:
V

Dyin
06-15-2005, 09:43 AM
You all did a great job with pulling this together...quite an impressive array of paintings! Congrats to all the winners, and I agree that it must have been hard to choose them, as there's just so many wonderful pieces. Great job everyone!

E-J
06-15-2005, 10:11 AM
:clap: Congratulations to all the winners!!! :clap:

Some truly fantastic paintings were entered for this show! I've had a quick glance at the gallery but will need a lot more time to browse the images in their larger sizes, to fully appreciate the quality of the work. I will spend a happy hour or two doing that later on, over a coffee :)

Now for an admission which will probably make me look silly. I would love to have submitted a painting, but I interpreted 'Beginnings' as being the theme of the show, and didn't think I had time to complete a new painting on that theme. Now I realise I completely misunderstood. Boy do I feel foolish.

E-J
06-15-2005, 10:12 AM
... Sue, it is lovely to see you!! :)

Kathryn Wilson
06-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Awwww, E-J, I would have more than happy to answer questions on the show. Next year! You wait and see - it will be a phenomenol show.

Sue - where ya been, girl? Good to see that face again - :)

antgeek
06-18-2005, 01:56 AM
Wow, what great work, i could not possibly vote for "a" favorite! looks like 80 some winners to me. :clap: :clap: :clap: