PDA

View Full Version : Brain food!

TorchGlass
06-10-2005, 10:35 PM
I'm new to this part of wetcanvas. I'm torchless temporarily but found my watercolors. No canvas so I used the wall. You gotta do what you gotta do. Its not a WIP in technical sense, but in creative sense I am feeding my eyes and brain.
Any input on this warrior figure is valued. Mercury has come to mind, and I'm just thrilled to learn I can do a figure. Didn't ever try!
Any input is treasured!
Kristine

TorchGlass
06-12-2005, 01:39 PM
A color treat I'm enjoying with watercolors in reds and purples. Wings forming now

Gilberte
06-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Just wondering if you find it cheaper to use the wall instead of paper or board ?

I'm trying hard to read the brain food but I'm willing to learn ... always !

TorchGlass
06-12-2005, 09:13 PM
Gilberte, I'm new to using the wall, trust me. I have a friend who uses body sized canvases and seeing his recent work got my juices flowing. I want a body sized canvas and will build one when he shows me how, for now I use what is available. I was going to use the door, because a door is portable and an EXCELLENT canvas for the starving artist. You can get a door for $40. Cheaper than building a canvas if you're just doing exploration, not something I plan to sell.
Since I don't have my hands on my torch to make glass beads, I am using watercolors to play with this need. I call it brain food because I MUST give my brain this expression. Its like breathing. THAT is new to me in the 'paint" world.
This is exciting, doing it on the wall was just because I had no money for a canvas and still don't.
I'm learning from the piece not because of the end result but because of the color play and expression that just has to come. I know you know THAT :)
Kristine

Gilberte
06-13-2005, 03:55 AM
héhé, a door would be okay or else you can stretch a bedsheet :p
Just keep the juices flowing ...
Ciao !

TorchGlass
06-13-2005, 08:33 AM
LOL, a bedsheet! Awesome! Watercolors do cool things on those, lol.
Love the encouragement Gilberte, you are a sweetie!
Keeping juices flowing...yes.

I took the color fun from the warrior and finally got to play with some fabric paints I've had around. I bought this tank with something like this in mind. Can't wait to wear it!
Kristine