PDA

View Full Version : A mix of line and pointalism

Wyobud
12-29-2001, 03:22 PM
Some folks use straight line and some points. I like to use each for effect.

This cabin is also done with india ink on parchment.

BUD

dnip24
12-29-2001, 05:54 PM
excellent! awesome!

RuthT
12-29-2001, 06:12 PM
Good work Bud !

(I wish I could do either :D )

I like the collapsed roof, and the trees are very effective.

NorahT
12-29-2001, 09:32 PM
I very much enjoy these drawings - great pen work, interesting scene, lovely trees :)

sassybird
12-29-2001, 11:46 PM
The detail of the cabin is excellent. The trees give that "living in the plains, gotta love that shade" feel to it:D

Wyobud
12-30-2001, 07:43 PM
Thanks all for your kind words. Have you been sketching lately?

BUD

Irina
12-31-2001, 04:22 AM
BUD,

In my humble opinion it's terrific. :clap: This pointilism technique is really doing it's work to render the impression of live trees.
Did you use a different pen to do those points? Also the paper looks sort of brownish but doesn't show to have any tooth - do you have a brown sketchpad? (Forgive me my ignorance)

Thanks for sharing your work!

IrinA

Wyobud
12-31-2001, 08:13 AM
Irina...........I'm glad you like this one. The place lays at the edge of a high mountain meadow.
I used dip pens with changeable tips. The main pen is just a common dip pen that has a variety line width tips. The second is a quill tip pen that lets me get the very fine lines like those in the shadow under the trees.
Its been so long ago that I got this paper that I don't remember the brand name, but its a fine grained smooth paper that has slight color variations. It comes in several color tones. Maybe your copy center or stationary store could show you some samples. I had to buy it by the sheet, but perhaps it comes in a pad. Its probably best for ink work, maybe a little smooth for graphite.

Bud

Ginette
12-31-2001, 05:42 PM
I think the points for the trees work well with the different strokes for the cabin etc.
It creates nice contrast.

Ginette

els
01-02-2002, 06:21 AM
Bud, this is awesome. Love the different techniques you used...

Flattwo
01-09-2002, 12:11 PM
Interesting technique!

The detail on the shack roof is outstanding.

Regards

Flattwo