PDA

View Full Version : portrait

Epicurea
06-08-2005, 02:19 PM
A little (a lot?) stylized, abstracted. Original aim was a sort of personality/mood/spirit, expressionist portrait kind of thing, but these things take on a life of their own sometimes.

Photos aren't great, a little blurry. The red/violet is camera glare, painting is all cool colors. Actual painting continues maybe 1/2" beyond edges of pic.

16" x 20" on stretched canvas
mixed media (acrylic & ink)
undecided title: "process" or "processing spirit" or "spirit"

Still planning a cobalt layer and some black detail. What do you think about comp, colors, mood? Title? I'm leaning toward first but open to opinions/suggestions.

Cass

laketrees
06-09-2005, 04:51 AM
I like this.....looks very textural and the crop is balanced........the eye is great and suggests the representational element...interested to see the final result..
cheers kim

Epicurea
06-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Thanks Kim!

I was planning on building up higher but then got to wondering if the swept? texture added more to the overall theme and feel. What do you think?

Also I'm wondering, how does this read at first glance? Portrait with abstract elements, or abstract then portrait? And does it read wind, water, spirit?

Pax,

Cass

laketrees
06-11-2005, 06:46 AM
Hi Cass...it reads water to me...though a touch of fire in the eye......and I see it as abstract ..first ....then portrait....mysterious......and spiritual.....more like an abstracted portrait...(if you know what I mean).....I like the overall texture as is ....IMHO
cheers kim