PDA

View Full Version : tulips in vase

gurleygirl
06-08-2005, 04:03 AM
This will be 18x24. I stapled the canvas to the wall and went at it. I've almost have the color blocked in. It was really fun doing it this way since I usually paint murals. I felt a lot more free. It still has quite a way to go.
Oh, yeah, please excuse the glare.
Tracey

gurleygirl
06-08-2005, 04:05 AM
Please click on the thumbnail to see the real colors. I'm not sure why the table is green. It is really purple.

Epicurea
06-08-2005, 01:22 PM
Off to a good start with comp & colors, looking forward to seeing the progress.

Is this a first for patterned ceramics? (Didn't see any quite the same when I visited your site.)

Cass

gurleygirl
06-08-2005, 03:07 PM
Thanks Cass! I just made up the vase in my head. (As you can probably tell..hee hee)
I'll post more when I can paint on it again. It is SO wet.
Tracey

laketrees
06-09-2005, 03:54 AM
Lovely bright colours...and the purple table looks good.....I like the design on the vase...nice contrast...
cheers kim

gurleygirl
06-09-2005, 10:22 AM
Thanks Kim! I've worked on it a little more, but it will be prob. next week before I finish it. It is extremely wet now!!!

Mikey
06-10-2005, 07:13 AM
Hi Tracey, I really like the idea of painting a canvas on the wall for bigger paintings, especially since I have a radial easel. The big canvas always moves and swings about.

I have painted flowers, but looked to the experts here for advice on that, so don't feel able to say much, except you do know how to handle those colours nicely. Would you call yourself a colourist painter?

Mikey

gurleygirl
06-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Thanks Mikey!! I don't know what a colorist painter is. I just like to paint what makes me feel good and with which colors move me.
Tracey

gurleygirl
06-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Here is another updated image.

gurleygirl
06-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Please click on the picture to see the real colors (again). I don't know if I am doing something wrong when I upload it.
Tracey

Gilberte
06-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Colors show up perfectly well.
Lovely painting, direct, stylized with a touch of na´vity (sp?) !

laketrees
06-11-2005, 06:53 AM
Lovely work Tracy......and I agree with Giberte...nicely stylized...
ps you could try loading you image through quick links (at the top to the left of log out) in the image uploader....this will give you a direct image and is easier for people to look at too...... :)
cheers kim

Mikey
06-11-2005, 08:02 AM
You've got nice rich colours Tracey and a pleasure to see.

I think Tonalist and Colourist painting are just convenience labels we use, but we wouldn't want to be tied down by them. Is it that Colourists use colour foremost to make a painting work and Tonal painters masses of tone to create srtucture, where colour is secondary.

Mikey

gurleygirl
06-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Thanks so much for your input everyone!!