PDA

View Full Version : Nude in tree

Marian
06-07-2005, 05:10 PM
This is oil on canvas, 16 x 12. I would appreciate any comments. I have some particular concernes: (i) does the position of the body seem realistic? (ii) should the shadows be stronger on the back of the body? (iii) does the skin color work well with the background? (iv) is the painting too sharply divided into light and dark areas? Thanks.

2bhappy
06-07-2005, 05:32 PM
The body seems to be floating above the tree branch.the points that bear the weight should be more flatened and lower.Also something about the arm stetched out looks unnatural as if made of putty.Yes shadows should be stronger on the back and under the body.As for the skin color I would perfer it a little more yellow or tan,maybe add a little raw seina to it and use some of the other colors in the painting in the shadows.The tree limb could use more light on it too.
Do you have someone who could model this position for you? That would help.
I like the thickness of the paint and the idea is good.Keep working on it! :)

gurleygirl
06-08-2005, 04:09 AM
Neat idea, but she doesn't look very comfortable.

Epicurea
06-08-2005, 01:41 PM
The figure is nicely modeled, but seems to want a flat surface beneath her. This is a challenging pose, for her to appear to relax naturally into the curve of the branch, and will considerably change the lovely shape you've drawn. The lowest part of the curve could be the ideal place for her hips to rest comfortably.

Keep at it... looking forward to seeing the progress!

Cass

Marian
06-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Thank you all for your comments. I have worked more on the figure and on the background. Questions: (i) does the position of the body look more natural now? (ii) does the stretched out hand look better? (iii) I have a problem what to do with the hidden leg - any suggestions? (iv) is the tone of the skin now fitting better with the rest of the palette, or should I blend more backround colors in the skin tone? I appreciate your support.

P.S. How do I make the picture show up in the same box as the text, and not as an attachement?

shadowling
06-12-2005, 05:04 PM
I think you need to bend the body more to conform more naturally with the limb. Bend the spine to fit the curve of the limb, she's too stiff in her current position. I guess what I'm saying is, make her a little more elastic. Otherwise though I think it's a good pose and a nice blending of color.