PDA

View Full Version : Scam Warning - Beware

reese
06-06-2005, 10:17 AM
I know we all try to be careful when conducting business on the internet, but I still wanted everyone to be aware of this particular scam.
There is a fellow out there claiming to be a evangelist scouting for a painting to be purchased or commissioned. The painting is for the senior pastor at a church. He wants to send you funds in the form of a cashiers check from which you are to subtract your fees/costs and then submit back to him the remainder via western union. I know it does sound a little odd, but I have to admit that because of it being from a church-- I almost fell for it myself.

I can't list his name or the church, because without evidence I could be slandering his character, but this same fellow has been e-mailing several other artists from various art websites, and is trying the exact same scam on all of them. One of which received a email from the evangelist that crashed his/her computer temporarily.

Fellow artist, just be careful out there!

Reese

Dana Design
06-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the warning. I'm now closing this thread as posts to it would be just chat.