PDA

View Full Version : Illusionary #17

idylbrush
06-04-2005, 04:46 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jun-2005/36241-Illusionary17.jpg

6X6"

acrylic paints and mediums, glass beads and Stainless Steel Acrylic paint.

tURBOCAT
06-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Howard - good compostion. On my screen the light paint appears slightly pink and I am not sure that works for me at first glance. Not as dynamic and electric as some earlier ones. But still looking for the next one!!

Johnnie

Jakeally
06-05-2005, 09:20 AM
Very nice Howard :clap: :clap: I like your use of the glass beads. They pull the whole thing together for me.

Lynn Quinn
06-05-2005, 06:53 PM
Howard, I really like this, including the pink! Very nice. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Lynn

Mary Woodul
06-05-2005, 06:56 PM
Hi Howard, very nice, but I also would like to see the light in the blue go to a darker contrast..

One question for my information. Forgive me for asking you this in your post. Is what is over the blue, tissue paper? The reason I'm asking is because I used a lot of it last year and the only painting that I left with uncolored tissue paper is yellowing, I think because of the PVA. Do you think if I had used gel medium, I could have avoided that?

idylbrush
06-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Hi Howard, very nice, but I also would like to see the light in the blue go to a darker contrast..

One question for my information. Forgive me for asking you this in your post. Is what is over the blue, tissue paper? The reason I'm asking is because I used a lot of it last year and the only painting that I left with uncolored tissue paper is yellowing, I think because of the PVA. Do you think if I had used gel medium, I could have avoided that?

The color variation in the blue is a bit tricky to control. It is a single color with no manipulations. The variaitons come from the plastic wrap used.

The papers I use are all handmade made artisan papers from India, China and Japan. They tend to be archival. I don't really trust some of the other papers and I do use gel medium to glue things in place rather than PVA glue. I know I am a bit silly about this stuff. I try to not mix more than a bare few ingredients in a piece.

I think for surface work I would want to use a gel medium but that is my personal preference.

Mary Woodul
06-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Thank you, Howard, I do think that was my mistake and I guess we learn from making them. :D

idylbrush
06-05-2005, 10:53 PM
Thank you, Howard, I do think that was my mistake and I guess we learn from making them. :D

Heaven knows I have made more than my fair share of mistakes. I guess that makes me a slow learner.

Penny220
06-07-2005, 10:07 AM
I love the contrasts of color with this, the cool with the warm. Another great piece.