PDA

View Full Version : Dragonfly...

Printmakerguy
06-03-2005, 03:26 PM
Another one from last month, just printed this morning. About 6 x 9. Faust Inks. This is a proof, On cheap paper- The edition will probably be on BFK (If I get around to an edition on this one)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jun-2005/36273-dfly.jpg

As always, I welcome any c & c...

-Andrew

sassybird
06-03-2005, 06:59 PM
I like the compostion, but I feel there is a lot of line work that detracts from the dragonfly in the leaf area. The lines are too much alike to differenciate dragonfly and leaf. Maybe if you carved out some more of the leaf it is landing on, leaving thin lines it would show up more.

Sunfilly
06-03-2005, 11:30 PM
Oh Andrew this is beautiful. I agree with Sassy about the legs and the
leaves, viewing up close it is fine, but when you view it farther away you can not tell where the grass end and the insect begins, in black and white that is, in color it would be a different story though, the color would seperate the two elements.

A little tip for all I learned in design school. One day you all will be have your pieces in a show or at a fair. Stand back from your piece about 10 feet and see if it draws you closer, makes you want to see more.

Diane Cutter
06-08-2005, 01:58 PM
As usual, Andrew, I like your work, but I don't think this is one of your stronger pieces. I think Sassy has hit it with the similar line quality on the leaves which conflict with the lines of your center of interest. I also don't think you need the clouds (but that's a personal thing)...

Diane

vhere
06-08-2005, 02:32 PM
do you ever use colour?

have you ever done intaglio linoprints?

This one sort of cries out for electric blues on the dragonfly and colours for the leaves and background. It would be so vivid and like stained glass.

:cat:

Vivien

H2O_Baby
06-11-2005, 11:06 AM
Another one from last month, just printed this morning. About 6 x 9. Faust Inks. This is a proof, On cheap paper- The edition will probably be on BFK (If I get around to an edition on this one)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jun-2005/36273-dfly.jpg

As always, I welcome any c & c...

-Andrew

Andrew I really like the texture of the leaves & wings...