PDA

View Full Version : Reunion

mame
12-28-2001, 07:35 AM
Don't think I've posted this before. Trying to get slides scanned and tweaked in preparation for re-activating my little web site.
Posting here gives me a better idea how they play in cyberspace.
Txs for your indulgence.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Dec-2001/reunion.JPG

kelly
12-28-2001, 10:56 AM
Definitely my biggest smile of the morning.

AmyH
12-28-2001, 11:06 AM
yep kelly, lol. is that the old rabbit ears treatment? looks that way on screen. lots of personality in these little people.

fun one mame.

amy

colorme
12-28-2001, 05:09 PM
made me smile too :D, i can't wait to see your website when its ready!

hlee
12-28-2001, 07:02 PM
there couldn't be a better title for it...it is like one of those old photos in a scrapbook or a family album... you've brought out their expressions (and their little quirks!) so well, they seem to come alive!...just curious, what's the red object on the left edge?... a tad bit distracting, maybe if you paint more bground it'll look more in place...well, just a suggestion neway. looking forward to surf yr new site... :)

mame
12-28-2001, 07:51 PM
hlee

a compositional element that runs off the edge of the picture plane. For some reason my little scanner scans the backgrounds way darker than they really are and does not pick up painterly nuances. Does look pretty stark here. Doesn't read with quite so much contrast in reality Still learning it's little eccentricities.

An etarge or ? The foreground red in the middle figure's costume is brighter than the "red thing" and the theory/idea was to move the eye that a way and up. The horizontal piece running the length of the composition is collage.

You mighta caught a compositional "miss", hlee. Thanks for remarking on it.

dnip24
12-28-2001, 09:38 PM
looks awesome