PDA

View Full Version : [email protected] division of [email protected] on ebay

CarlyHardy
12-27-2001, 07:46 PM
[email protected] is a juried limited membership of ebay artists who sell thru ebay auctions. Because of the overwhelming response to requests for membership in [email protected], an unjuried division has been created. Anyone can join....visual artists, musicians, writers, etc.....All the information about this new group on ebay can be found at

http://www.valvilla.com/OWA/

[email protected] members can participate in both groups, [email protected] and [email protected] If anyone has any artist friends, feel free to offer membership with [email protected]
Belonging to an inner group at ebay has been good for me...especially when I've encountered problems that were not easy to find answers to.

Questions? let me know.
carly

CarlyHardy
12-27-2001, 07:47 PM
forgot to let you know that [email protected] for Off The Wall Artists!
carly

leesmith
12-27-2001, 08:11 PM
Thanks for posting that Carly. I had not heard about it. Very interesting!

Lee

tammy
12-27-2001, 11:05 PM
Pretty soon there will be so many different artist groups who sell on eBay under one banner or the other, belonging to a group won't be special anymore IMO, lol.
I think I'll just remain a self representing artist as long as the catagory exits.

Sumafra
12-29-2001, 01:22 AM
Carly, I'd be interested to know whether you think that using the [email protected] letters has brought you more hits and more sales. I used to use the EBSQ letters but did not find that it helped hits or sales at all. I still belong but seldom bother putting the letters in my titles. What's your experience??

CarlyHardy
12-31-2001, 10:37 AM
when I was a member of ebsq, I didn't feel that I got any more hits because of the ebsq in the title. The group was so large with so many listings using ebsq that my buyers said they didn't use it. (I asked buyers how they find my art when I send my initial email to them)

Most of my buyers tell me that they notice my gallery photo, then they look at all my art. Some even check out my website. I have had a couple of buyers who search using [email protected] since joining the group. They were regular buyers from other artists in the group and checked out everyone's listings. So yes, being a part of [email protected] has been more helpful than ebsq (for me personally).

Personally, I feel that its more important to establish your work as an individual at ebay than with a group. That's why I always use "carlyart" in my auction titles and remind buyers to use it when searching. Consistency is also important....as well as quality in your work and in service to buyers!
carly

Sumafra
12-31-2001, 09:33 PM
Thanks Carly. Makes sense.

sportpony
01-01-2002, 05:53 AM
I agree with the "name recognition" being probably the most important single aspect of eBay auction sales ... or any sales, for that matter.

I've used the Jay Levinson "Guerilla Marketing" books as text books for advertising for years and that is one thing he stresses over and over. In his on-line marketing book he stresses that again, very strongly and goes into much more detail even about choosing a business name/marketing name that is short, easy to spell, not subject to mis-spellings ... no double letters, etc. ... easy to remember and unique ...

This is the aspect I'm currently struggling with right now since I've decided to go back into the artwork "professionally", so to speak ... I will have to start from scratch to build up a recognizable name ... and since I am starting from the beginning again with that I need to choose a "studio" name and email address and website/webpage URL that will all go together and will meet all the criteria.