PDA

View Full Version : Events in Northeast who's interested

Tony Perrotta
12-27-2001, 07:31 PM
Hi everybody, As per Phillis's suggestion I am posting this here. I posted a few threads in the past about going to NY for the day but no responses. I thing we should have a little or (big for that matter) get together here in the northeast. I know there are plenty of members in this area. We could either get together someplace and discuss where we should go to a painting getaway or just meet somewhere and go to a museum or whatever. For anyone not yet a visitor to the museums in N.Y. I'm sure they would enjoy it. So it's up to you members. Contact me and we'll see what we want to do, could be a few people going for the day or a few more going for a long weekend some where to paint. There are plenty of places to go. So don't everybody be a stick in the mud, let's get something together.

PS You can't be a worse painter than me, and maybe we can all learn something.

Regards Tony

elevy
03-04-2002, 07:58 AM
Hi,
I am new to this online community. I am in Western NY and a beginning watercolor painter. I would be interested in a get together to learn from others and visit a museum or two.

Ellis

diane555
03-22-2002, 08:53 AM
Hi Tony

I just happened across this. Didn't see it where ever you posted before. Unfortunately I sometimes get so caught up in the sculpture forum that I forget to come out :D I live just 40 min below Philly so a trip to NY would be possible for me...I'd definietly have to take a train tho. Having moved here from Canada I would be lost somewhere if I tried to drive there:D But I think it would be a fun idea if we could get a few people together.

Di

*Jill-K*
10-01-2002, 07:55 PM
Hey ELEVI (Ellis) I live in Rochester NY too. I know a little about community resources, etc. around here. Send me a message if you like and I'll fill you in on a nice community gallery that has "Open" shows where you can meet a lot of friendly artists and exchange ideas, where the best frame shops and art stores are, etc.. Of course a trip to NY City would be great, but in the meantime, there's lots right here (including the Degas exhibit at the Memorial Art Gallery and the Modigliani and Artists of Montparnasse exhibit coming in October to Buffalo).

mfernkas
11-27-2002, 02:19 PM
I am in NYC so I could definitely get together and do some museums if anyone is still interested.

Mark

Mfernkas@aol.com