PDA

View Full Version : Hell on Wheels

kelly
12-27-2001, 02:54 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Dec-2001/hell_on_wheels.jpg

This is a 9 x 12 acrylic on canvas board.

mame
12-27-2001, 03:32 PM
Kelly - have you ever considered working in "heroic" proportions, i.e., 6 feet and larger?

The yellow-green dots look like a "miss". The painting was already done. As always, take with a grain of salt.

artlover
12-27-2001, 05:28 PM
Lawdy! Lawdy!

Don't know about the technical aspects and all that, but I like it!
It gives me a feeling like GRRRRRR-Zoooooooom!

Looks like how I feel sometimes...I can almost hear those knives (blades?) clicking...

kelly
12-28-2001, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I mostly work with large canvas, Mame...These type paintings are mainly practice working out stuff etc...on my site i have a lot of 4 x 4 size plus stuff...Heroic...thats me..lol

mame
12-28-2001, 11:22 AM
Geez, I hadn't even been to your sight. Sorry! Just visited. Will go back to linger a while.

AmyH
12-28-2001, 11:25 AM
face, body and "arms" are great, specially the colors in the head; blue, green, brown, popping reds. that blue and brown are a particularly nice combo. I only have trouble with the lower half not supporting the weight of the top. not sure if its the activity of the body vs the inacivity of the background or what.

I like the movement, the guy/thing seems out of control. reminds me of the lost in space robot. :)

amy

colorme
12-28-2001, 05:05 PM
nice colors, you have a great website too:D

timelady
12-28-2001, 05:12 PM
Haha! Looks like a crazy washing machine making its escape on a tricycle to me! :) (the fate of the tricycle owner-toddler I shall leave to others) I like it. Sorry, nothing terribly constructive in that comment. Er, hmm... I agree that the three yellow dots on the bottom dont' quite mesh with the rest of the painting. I think the colour just pops out at you a bit too much.

Tina.

hlee
12-28-2001, 06:48 PM
on a subjective level, this impressed me as a kid's version of a nightmare!... well, not that that has anything to do with anything, hehe :D... good use of colours, maybe except for the pink-white bit on the right of the uh, subject... and i have to agree w/ mame and timelady, the yellow spots are a bit distracting... but otherwise kinda expressive and imaginative :)

kelly
12-28-2001, 11:19 PM
Thanks for all the comments...this was a wild one...The yellow spots were genetiala markers..

dnip24
12-29-2001, 12:42 AM
looks awesome, specially the paints, the figure, excellent

mame
12-29-2001, 09:44 AM
"Thanks for all the comments...this was a wild one...The yellow spots were genetiala markers.."

Okay, now I love 'em. Darn I wish I'd thought of that!