PDA

View Full Version : Eye's full of Love

John B
05-29-2005, 07:45 PM
Hello fellow Oilerís

Next in series, I think I may take Alex and Pats advise and go for a series of 5.

This painting looks at Pease with the world. I am quite enjoying finding images and pulling out the most expressive parts. :clap:

I have tried cropping the mouth area, but no matter what you do with the mouth, there is no expression without the eyes.

Eyes truly are the windows to the soul. :angel:

Pat, used Sennelier OPís, had to use much more control than when I use Caran DíAche, Sennelier OPís are soooo smooth they can run away with you if you are not careful! :rolleyes:

Kind regards and happy painting

John :wave:

CarlyHardy
05-29-2005, 09:05 PM
Hi John!
I agree about the number in a series....I like an odd number rather than and even one. However, don't know any kind of rule on that :)

I like the way you've cropped, but the title is plural and you only have one eye showing. You may want to rethink that one.

The white highlight seems to sit on top of the eye surface instead of being a part of it. You might soften the edges a bit to incorporate it more. I like the windy effect with the strands of hair!
carly

John B
05-29-2005, 09:45 PM
Thank you Carly :clap:

I have softened the white highlights.

I think I will change the title to a simple 'Filled with Love'. :angel:

Kind regards

John :wave:

Pat Isaac
05-30-2005, 09:06 AM
Very nice, John. The blowing hair adds so much to the piece. I would also put a little shading under the lid so the eye sits in the head.

Pat

John B
05-30-2005, 11:36 AM
Thank you Pat and Carly. :clap:

I have added a little more shading beneath the eyelids and brightened up a few areas.

The most difficult thing I found in painting this image, was maintaining everything at the correct angle, your mind keeps telling you to work vertical/horizontal.

I have spotted my next image and am currently cropping away to get the impact I am looking for. :)

Kind regards

John

Pat Isaac
05-30-2005, 01:32 PM
The angle can present a problem, but you did a fine job with this one. Looking forward to the next in your series.

Pat