PDA

View Full Version : We're back online again--whew!

Deborah Secor
05-27-2005, 01:33 PM
Wow! that was a long three days, wasn't it--or is it just me? LOL I hesitate to mention how much like withdrawal symptoms I suffered.

In case you haven't noticed all the new goodies, take a look around and then check out the announcemnt that Kerri posted : Wet Canvas! Back Up (http://64.40.100.32/forums/showthread.php?t=272721) This was a hurculean task and we're on new servers!

Okay, my pulse is returning to normal now that I've had a dose of WC! :eek:

Did anyone paint while we were down??? :rolleyes:

Deborah

Karen Margulis
05-27-2005, 01:48 PM
Yes, I definitely had wc withdrawal! I kept looking and hoping but I did manage to do 2 paintings. Good to be back though!
Karen

Mikki Petersen
05-27-2005, 02:20 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!! I did suffer withdrawals. My husband said I was very cranky! I'm working on a painting I'm excited about and there was nobody to talk to about it! Not to mention just being cut off from all my friends!

Mikki

CM Neidhofer
05-27-2005, 02:23 PM
OMG!! Talk about withdrawal! WC is part of my ritual when I get home from work. Don't know how many times in the past few days I've checked to see if it was back up!! Phew!!! lol

khourianya
05-27-2005, 02:57 PM
I was going stircrazy hte entire time...since I was needing to submit the project description for the June piece by piece (and now I'm running behind so i hope I can get it in before today so it will go up while i am away!)

I did, however, get some painting done and everytime i attempt to start a thread to post it...I get technical issue stuff on the screen. I'll try one more time before I run out to get some last errands done before I fly out tonight. Look for the lotus in the softies studio.

Westerngirl
05-27-2005, 03:15 PM
I checked about once daily, but decided it was a good time to catch up with some RL, local friends! I've also been busy bottle-feeding orphaned kittens (it's ceasing to be fun & has turned into a full time job!), and training a few of my young horses. So have taken a respite from painting.....not because I really want to, but because there's so much on my "to-do" list!

Am taking a quick trip to Branson, MO, with my mom and sisters next week, so hope to be back painting after I return from that.

It's good to see WC up and running again. Having worked years to implement new software systems in the past, I appreciate what a huge job this was in a short timeframe. Kudo's to all involved! :clap:

meowmeow
05-27-2005, 03:17 PM
Talk about trauma! :lol

WEll, we are back..that's all that matters.

Didn't paint but packed up my pastels and stuff and moved it all up to Maine...still unpacking but getting settled in!

Good to be back!!! :clap: Oh wow! New emoticons! Or spruced up emoticons, anyhow! Yay! :p

Sandy

ColorMyWorld
05-27-2005, 03:20 PM
Many thanks to Kerri and all involved in this quick change over.
Major withdrawl symptoms had set in while the site was down!

Oooh! I like this quick reply feature!

Mikki Petersen
05-27-2005, 03:20 PM
Sound like everyone is as attached to WC as I am. Interesting to see what folks did with their time...bottle feeding kittens? Now that's work!

this is what I've been doing: Water Garden (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272781) and I could really use some feedback when you all have a minute. :wave:

Mikki

Trilby
05-27-2005, 03:21 PM
Yes, I missed all the beautiful beautiful people here--felt really cut off. It must have been a massive job transfering all the data and working out the software. Thanks to the folks who worked so long and hard to rebuild the community--now go take a nice long nap, you've earned it.
I am noting some interesting changes, Most I like, such as this quick reply box. But I think I will miss the thumbnail images--they were a nice preview and now when one closes the window it closes WC so now the back button has to be used instead.
TJ

Merethe T
05-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Hi all! Been a long time since I posted at all, but have been here everyday checking out what you all are doing and getting inspired. Can't believe how much I missed this place during down-time! This is the only thing that keeps me in touch with my artistic side these days, and when I was cut off from WC I felt awfull! Didn't touch my pastels when it was down either..

Thank god it's back up again, time to pull out my sticks - really miss my art stuff, and hanging around here :)

Merethe

Khadres
05-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Wow! We're BACK! Had really begun to wonder! Glad that everyone seems to have survived the down time!

The only thing I've accomplished is a partial replacement of the contents of my purse, which someone decided to make off with in the middle of the night! Will teach me to keep the patio door blocked shut more carefully! I sure did feel "naked" going about with no purse, I can tell ya! No way at all to prove who I am, either! Replacing everything has been a hassle, but worse, I think...is trying to restore my sense of security! The dogs are all very sheepish, too, since they slept upstair under the AC along with us and didn't hear a thing. These are the same dogs who bark at US if we wander around at night! We're still snagged on getting Mel a new ID card, etc. since she has no other form of photo ID...what a pain! Luckily I had an old expired passport that sufficed along with my ancient birth certificate!

Hopefully, with WC! back up and a new driver's license and credit card replacements on the way...we will survive!

HarvestMoon
05-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Sooz, so sorry about your breakin! I will loan you my billy goat who will butt them hard in the crotch! Anyway, was it only down for 3 days??? It seemed like a week. I checked it compulsively 4 times a day I think- had to resort to online pastel shopping (and looking of course). Since my future 'studio' is in a shambles of wood, nails, dust, and fiberglass, and it is so hot, I moved my babies to a safe (and cooler) place but it is way to crowed now to actually DO anything. Sure missed all of you, it is like an extended family to me, as I am pretty isolated. The big news- I am getting a digital camera soon! Yea!!! Hope I can figure out how to connect it to the computer- my old stuff was on a now dead computer- including photoshop, etc. I wish they had warned us if they had PLANNED to switch servers, as this can take time, I almost went searching for a good wetcanvas withdrawal drug (but I suspect that is Dakotas pastels)

Anda G
05-27-2005, 06:10 PM
Hi, everybody. I am GLAD we are back on. I was wondering how long it'd be. I've become attached to wc in this short time.
Andagail

johndill01
05-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Really good to see this back up. It's been a long three days. Although I don't post too often, this is part of my daily activity. Keeping tabs of what others are doing and the GREAT works in progress. Was really wondering what I would do if it didn't come back up. GREAT to be BACK.

Artistammy
05-27-2005, 07:07 PM
:wave: :wave: Phew!! I'm so glad it's back. I missed all of you more than I would have thought. Phyllis sent our Yahoo pastel group a message about the hacking so I kept emailing her to see how it was coming. I would have been even more withdrawal crazy if I hadn't know at all how it was coming.
I did paint some on the iris one or two times. I'll post an update later. I'm kinda tired so I haven't decided if I'm going to paint this afternoon. Love you all! :D

Piper Ballou
05-27-2005, 07:21 PM
You all are just too funny....and glad I am not the only one who kept checking to see is WC was up and running.
piper

Kathryn Wilson
05-27-2005, 08:28 PM
This is a cool idea for those of us always in a hurry - (Quick Reply). I missed you guys! although I did hear from a bunch of you, it still wasn't the same.

Good to be back and on new servers to boot - :)

Paula Ford
05-27-2005, 09:08 PM
WOW...was that ever awful being without my art family for that long!! Talk about withdrawals!!

So glad to see all of you again and thank God Kerri and the crew did such a fantastic job getting the new servers up and running again...YAY!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Paula

IndigoRed
05-27-2005, 11:44 PM
Yes it did sucketh much the past couple days! And yes i actually did some artwork while it was down lol.........is that a bad sign or a good sign?

Chat is still down tho :crying:

Jo Castillo
05-28-2005, 12:30 AM
Hi all,
I missed you, too. :( What a job to change it all. Whew....

CarlyHardy
05-28-2005, 01:06 AM
Glad to see so many smiling faces!!

Probably, there will be some glitches with the site for a few more days. Some things will need to propagate thruout the web. Also, if you notice anything out of the usual, make a note of it and post a message in the site discussions forum. Kerri will be checking that for problems but it will be a few more days before she has the time to really begin to work out all the bugs!

It's so good to be back that I don't even mind a few critters :D
carly

tURBOCAT
05-28-2005, 01:12 AM
Withdrawal definitely!!! Couldn't help but start to worry and wonder what we'd do without it!.

Johnnie

Kathryn Day
05-28-2005, 02:06 AM
I didn't realize how much I like reading the posts, till I couldn't get on the website. I did get a painting started, so that was a good kick start. Will post it when I am closer to being done.

missed you all, now to go look at what everyone has been painting!!!

Dark_Shades
05-28-2005, 06:39 AM
Did anyone paint while we were down??? :rolleyes:

Deborah

My finger/toe nails in preparation of my forthcoming holiday :D - off to Venice on Friday

HarvestMoon
05-28-2005, 12:10 PM
Having had to shut down completely my ecommerce web sites due to malicious hackers a few years back, I hope they intend to find the hackers and prosecute the heck out of them. It is a huge problem that most small businesses do not have the resources to deal with, and seemingly little help from professional law enforcement unless it is something so massive it shuts down several huge businesses....who would decide to mess up an artist website? An art hater? Or just some Darth Vador type who gets his kicks just seeing what they can mess up and how much havoc it causes? Sorry, but I feel very strongly about this and do hope wetcanvas can hire someone to find the hacker.

Khadres
05-28-2005, 03:33 PM
I wonder what exactly the hackers did? I guess this is the newest form of vandalism, but I agree...something has to be done eventually to make this sort of thing more difficult to accomplish and put the perpetrators behind bars awhile. I can't imagine anyone getting their kicks this way, but hey...some folks live on destructiveness and negativity, I guess. Thanks heavens we're back...this just shows us how much this place means to all of us...thanks to all who worked to bring us back online!

PS...now would be a GOOD time to exchange email addys via PM? I didn't have a single one in my address book except Mikki's...and she either doesnt' answer that one anymore or never got it.

HarvestMoon
05-29-2005, 10:37 AM
Yes it did sucketh much the past couple days!

Now this is perhaps my favorite quote of the year!

K Taylor-Green
05-29-2005, 01:53 PM
A long three days is right, and I am guilty of compulsively checking, only to get the same message. Then, when we were back up, I barely had a chance to get in touch, as we were heading to Indiana to take two of the grandsons to Wolf Park.
I am so glad we are back in business!!
Love the quick response feature, but gotta say, the new smilies are a real hoot! :p :cool: