PDA

View Full Version : anyone know whatever happened to,,,,

bruin70
01-09-2001, 09:35 PM
,,,,john berkey?

he specialized in spaceships(pocketbooks). brought in a whole new vision of what spaceships look like. also did movie posters like "king kong" and "towering inferno". he was a hude devotee of sargent. made his own goauche paints. absolutely gorgeous paint texture.....{M}

------------------
"it's alright to be judgmental,,,,,,,,if you have taste"...MILT

kaz
01-10-2001, 12:29 AM
Still in the business. He`s doing the cover of Spectrum the yearly review of fantasy and sci-fiction art.

bruin70
01-10-2001, 01:35 AM
that's it?

is he still with frank lavity?

------------------

cagathoc
01-10-2001, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by bruin70:
,,,,john berkey?

made his own goauche paints. absolutely gorgeous paint texture.....{M}

how can I find out how to do that? does anyone know a reference? I'm doing gouache these days...

thanks!

cindy

------------------
C. K. Agathocleous ARTwork Gallery (http://members.tripod.com/cagathoc/index.htm)

bri
01-10-2001, 03:59 PM
Cindy,

I also enjoy working wih gouache. Do you have a copy of Ralph Mayer's "The Artist's Handbook"? There is a section in this book I am looking at now that has some formulas for mixing dry pigments with other ingredients to make gouache. You can look under Watercolor and Gouache/ GOUACHE/ Homemade Gouache Paints/ Recipes for mixing colors. Something I've always wanted to do, but I'm so involved with my oils and tempera now. Let me know how you do if you do. If you don't have the book I can email the pages with the info.

gouache is our friend!

-------------bri

bruin70
01-10-2001, 11:01 PM
wish i knew cindy. berkey lives in minneapolis i think. try looking him up.

------------------

Keith Russell
02-21-2001, 09:46 PM
Greetings:

John Berkey's address is published in Spectrum.

Keith.

------------------
Keith Russell
Synthetic Sky Studios
Science Fiction Fine Art
syntheticsky@hotmail.com