PDA

View Full Version : Icelandic memories

eganj1
05-23-2005, 11:13 AM
Hello,
I have just finished painting some tiles and would like to know what you think.
I intend to frame three as a triptych, the tiles are 4 inches square.
They are mainly onglaze paint, but I have also used black sand from Iceland, enamel, gold, I-relief and glass .I love working with texture.
The tiles were fired in a kiln three times.
Please let me know what you think and which one you would leave out.
It's a while since I have posted pictures here so I hope this works.
Thank you
Jill

Mary Woodul
05-23-2005, 11:35 AM
Hi Jill, those are very unique and awesome. I like the two first better, because of the looseness of them. I like the way you handle the composition and application. I think, if you can just finish the other two with a lesser compressed look, (if that made sense) they would look just as nice as the first. Can you work over tiles, or is it that once it is baked, that is it. I don't know anything about this technique.

idylbrush
05-23-2005, 11:50 AM
What a unique and wonderful combination of materials to make such great images. Wow...

eganj1
05-27-2005, 02:54 PM
Hi Mary thanks for your comments. Once the paint is fired onto the tile that's it, you can use hydrofloric acid to take it off but this is a dangerous process and so it is easier to start again.

Hi Howard thanks for your comments too. Looking to your work you like me enjoy working with texture.
Jill

Penny220
06-07-2005, 09:38 AM
I'm so glad you posted these. I have a counter top that I am going to be doing eventually Any tips and tricks you have to share regarding tiles would be greatly appreciated.