PDA

View Full Version : Big Nyhavn, Copenhagen Project

LisaArt
05-23-2005, 08:00 AM
Hi Everyone, Taking a break from my travel series and going to earn some Cash! LOL. :D
Doing another Nyhavn, Copenhagen painting, but much larger. Largest ever for me. 1 metre by 1 metre 20! For my husband's department- a commissioned piece, after they saw my Nyhavn hanging in my living room!

I am happy that they did not put a deadline on this project. With all my guests coming, I would never have to time work on it! :wave:

Here are some pics...
Here is my original painting in my living room
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-May-2005/40382-myhavn.jpg

Managed to do some work this weekend.
Drawing on canvas, messy drawing...Painted outline in a light wash
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-May-2005/40382-BnyhavnDrawing.jpg

Blocking in some colour - burnt sienna for roof tops and paynes grey on first building and roof top.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-May-2005/40382-Nyhavnbig3.jpg

Side view shot to see size, and my little studio - work area.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-May-2005/40382-Nyhavnbig2.jpg

Anita Murphy
05-23-2005, 08:48 AM
YAY Lisa - I love it (must be being half Danish!!!!)! Nyhavn is so pretty! And wow what a view out your window! You lucky girl!
Do you have any pictures of Nyhavn posted in the library? I would love to do a Danish picture.

LisaArt
05-23-2005, 09:33 AM
Goodag Anita! Hey Mange Tak for that! I love my nyhavn! and painting too. :D
I have one or two I think in the libarary, I cant remember..LOL
Anyhow I have some here on my files-lots of boats, lol.
What are you thinking of doing? You know I find doing a search on corbis.com or on yahoo pictures/personal travel pages, etc. on the net of pictures for inspiratioin always helpful and they have good pics sometimes. :wave:

Mikey
05-23-2005, 01:13 PM
Great news Lisa. All I can say is stay focussed 100% and that's what you give of yourself, but otherwise however important this is don't try too hard and stiffen up getting too mindy. Be relaxed and happy when you paint.

Mikey

Gilberte
05-23-2005, 01:56 PM
What a lovely project and a boost of confidence isn't it ? Good girl !!!!
Enjoyed seeing the photo's and I'll be back :wave:

clementine
05-23-2005, 05:25 PM
I think you show a cheerful temperament though your painting!
I wish you good work with happiness!!
clementine

LisaArt
05-28-2005, 07:39 AM
Hi Mikey, Gilberte and Clementine. Thanks so much you guys! Happy WC is back up! :clap:
I am staying focused and you know surprisngly I am quite relaxed. I think because I am revisiting this painting and seeing the problems I had with the first one. I am much more relaxed and enjoying this one much better.

I do tend to freeze up when I am doing a painting for someone. :eek: Happy I am... :D
I have not worked on the painting to much this week. Will post some more work soon. The weather here is just to amazing and warm (27) woohoo....for once to paint! Have a great weekend everyone. :wave:

laketrees
05-28-2005, 08:31 AM
Hi there....LISA.....what a great commission......CONGRATULATIONS...... :clap: :clap: ... :cool: ....NEW SMILEES.....YESSSSSS.... :D ...what funnnnnn
your little studio looks fab.....and the view..... :p ...your river looks like my lake..... :)
The bigger format is suiting your painting....I think bigger paintings are easier to paint (that's probably why I like painting large ...large...and LARGER...LOL
Making great progress...LISA.....have a great weekend...and enjoy the weather..... ;)
cheers kim

LisaArt
05-29-2005, 04:35 AM
Thanks So much Kim! :) Yes, I am enjoying the big format, something different for me. A little cumbersome to turn it around sometimes, as my easel is kind of small for the big canvas. We are lucky to have a water view. So relaxing.
Wishing you a great weeekend too. Yep! The new smiles are so cool :).

FriendCarol
05-29-2005, 08:04 AM
The original is very charming, and looks great in your home. :) The dark windows in the first building on the right are more spread out, which imo helps lead us into the tighter buildings further towards the center. (So I hope they will turn out that way in this second version, too. :D) Love the way the gentle curves of the boats contrast with the angles of the houses, too. :)

LisaArt
05-30-2005, 04:58 AM
Hi Carol, Thanks for dropping by and your kind words. You are so right about the windows. :clap: It is hard to see now because the second building the windows look bigger/and more spread out then the first. I will be adding the white window pane around them (in the square) so the windows and buildings will get tighter (as in my first version). It is a mucher bigger size, so I have to remember all of this. I am happy that you reminded me of this, because sometimes I am painting and off into another world and forget these important perspective things. :eek: Have a great day :wave: