PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Pastel Sketches, 23-29 May '05

E-J
05-23-2005, 03:54 AM
Welcome to another week of pastel sketching!

The idea here is to complete a sketch in one hour or less. You can work from life or from a photo - it's up to you. Try timing yourself, keeping your sketch within a 30, 45 or 60-minute time limit. When your time's up, STOP - and share your efforts with us here!

This is a fun way to sharpen your observational skills, try out new pastel techniques or simply keep your hand in when you're short of time. All are welcome here, whether you're a newbie, a pro or somewhere in between, and whether you're using soft or hard pastels, oil pastels, pastel pencils, charcoal or chalks.

Let last week's sketches inspire you:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271165

Happy sketching! :)

angecald
05-23-2005, 05:14 PM
Hi, E-J. Here's a one-hour sketch, mostly Rembrandts, on Canson, about 5" x 7". I'm still struggling with the photography, but I think this will be an improvement on the most recent.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-May-2005/17105-redmitts.jpg

Khadres
05-23-2005, 08:50 PM
I couldn't help but think how wonderful it is that we won't have to be USING mittens again for awhile here! This is a really cool study! The colors are fabulous! I know what you mean about the photography thing...I need to get out my user manual and do some serious research and practice with my camera! The fuzzies drive me CRAZY!!!

E-J
05-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Agnes, thanks for posting a sketch ... I've just figured out how to get in and post to WC while the usual servers are down but of course images aren't working so I can't see what you've posted. Isn't it frustrating? Makes you realise how much we tend to take this place for granted!!

E-J
05-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Well, unless someone can slip a sketch in under the wire it looks as if this week's thread is doomed to remain sketchless! Let's blame the downtime that afflicted the site for three days. Agnes, you win Preston's famous gold star for being the first and only one of us to post a sketch, even if the pic didn't show up :)

angecald
05-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the star, E-J. The picture actually shows up fine on my screen, but I guess Mikki is the only other person who saw it. Let's hope it works better next week.