PDA

View Full Version : London UK in daylight

jez_barracude
05-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Hi everyone

Now we have a bit more light, and possibly even some sun to go with it for five seconds at a time every alternate Thursday, how about painting outside again?

Suggestions for times and places please?!

J

timelady
05-23-2005, 05:06 AM
I just went cycling through Greenwich park again... and realised how nice it would be to paint the queen's flower garden there, and the view over London from the top of the park! :)

Tina.

Venetia
05-29-2005, 04:55 AM
How about the area behind Westminster Abbey -- Dean's Yard, the cloisters and (but it's only open Tues-Thurs) College Garden. It's quiet and has architecture, greenery and people. And very central and easy to get to.

Do you normally meet evenings or weekends? Because although Dean's Yard is probably always open, I think the cloisters and garden close at six o'clock. Weekends would be better for me, as I never know for sure when I can get away from work. But having said that I'm away the next three weekends.....

beginner but trying
06-05-2005, 03:36 AM
Both TL's and V's suggestions sound good, but very busy at moment so not able to commit. May manage if s'thing organised!!

timelady
06-16-2005, 05:40 PM
Today I found the most amazing place the Winter Garden in Avery Hill Park! (the next park east from where Eltham Palace is, which is closed on Thursdays apparently! ;)) Kinda like a delapidated wonderful mini Kew. So I'll be there again! In fact, I'll be there on Monday probably... LOVE it. It's in the Avery Hill campus of the Univ of Greenwich.

Which also makes me suggest Kew Gardens too! A scottish WC member is having an exhibition there in the summer so maybe, when I find out the dates, we could make a day trip of it?

Tina.

Venetia
06-18-2005, 12:55 AM
For any North Londoners (or keen travellers) there's an old-fashioned steam fair at Clissold Park in Stoke Newington this weekend and next. I away this weekend but was thinking of going down at some point next weekend to draw lovely ornate painted roundabouts etc.

jez_barracude
06-19-2005, 07:48 AM
Today I found the most amazing place the Winter Garden in Avery Hill Park! (the next park east from where Eltham Palace is, which is closed on Thursdays apparently! ;)) Kinda like a delapidated wonderful mini Kew. So I'll be there again! In fact, I'll be there on Monday probably... LOVE it. It's in the Avery Hill campus of the Univ of Greenwich.

Which also makes me suggest Kew Gardens too! A scottish WC member is having an exhibition there in the summer so maybe, when I find out the dates, we could make a day trip of it?

Tina.

Wish I'd been back here quicker - I can't do Monday but that sounds like a great place to go.

I am free weekdays at the moment as well as weekends. Anyone up for one of these garden/park events week of 26th June?

Jez

timelady
06-19-2005, 08:59 AM
Depending on the weather tomorrow, I might not go. I'm very sensitive to the heat (ugh) so won't be cycling if it's hot again! I'm definitely up for a day out though. Dean's Yard might be good if people are coming from north and south of the river? I need to go into town for something anyway... if I can remember what it was! ;) (ah, a raincoat)

Tina.

Venetia
06-27-2005, 02:16 AM
Well, I did go to the steam fair on Sunday afternoon, and it was wonderful. If Carter's comes to your part of London, and you like drawing that kind of thing, you really must go. I haven't tried posting attachments before, but I'll try to add some photos so you can see. And if those work, I'll try to show you the results of my efforts.

Venetia
06-27-2005, 02:26 AM
Er -- no attachments. Try again

Venetia
06-27-2005, 02:30 AM
Aha! Now the art work.....

beginner but trying
06-29-2005, 01:08 AM
Aha! Now the art work.....

And it looks good - albeit to my untutored eye!!