PDA

View Full Version : white linoleum source?

TSPoon
05-20-2005, 09:58 PM
Hi one and all.
I meet someone a few weeks back that showed me this white canvas backed linoleum (not wood mounted) that they used for linocut printing. He said he bought it online from California, but I can't remember from whom....
would any of you know a source for the stuff?
I want some because he said it was really fine grained and easy to carve and work with, way better than the gray or tan stuff I am currently using.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Terry

Diane Cutter
05-21-2005, 07:48 AM
Hmmm.... Seven lookers and no replies... I guess you've stumped us on that one. Have you tried googling? I'd love to know more...

Diane

TSPoon
05-21-2005, 11:51 AM
Yeah,
I tried googling "linoleum printmaking art california" I got 1000's of responses, and I only looked at the first few pages before I gave up. I thought I'd give you guys a try before I try something more drastic!

Thanks!

sassybird
05-21-2005, 12:30 PM
Terry, I have never seen the white linoleum. Can you contact the artist again to see where he got it from? I would be interested in buying some myself.

Diane Cutter
05-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Yeah,
I tried googling "linoleum printmaking art california" I got 1000's of responses, and I only looked at the first few pages before I gave up. I thought I'd give you guys a try before I try something more drastic!

Thanks!
Eek! You're right. I just tried googling, too.... totally overwhelming.

Diane

H2O_Baby
05-22-2005, 08:56 AM
Hi one and all.
I meet someone a few weeks back that showed me this white canvas backed linoleum (not wood mounted) that they used for linocut printing. He said he bought it online from California, but I can't remember from whom....
would any of you know a source for the stuff?
I want some because he said it was really fine grained and easy to carve and work with, way better than the gray or tan stuff I am currently using.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Terry

Terry:

Utrecht used to have unmounted liuno, tan not white. It was backed with a sort of burlap. I got a few blocks at the store in CT, didn't order online. They are good because they can go through the press.

TSPoon
05-31-2005, 10:37 AM
UPDATE!
I couldn't get a hold of the teacher, but by googling his name I found a discussion forum about this same subject. He told someone to buy "desktop linoleum" from "LINOLEUM CITY" in Los Angeles. I found their toll free number and called em - 800-559-2489....
The guy tried to dissuade me from buying the desktop lino, said they had some gray stuff in two thicknesses for artists. He's sending me free samples of the gray and the white desktop.
I'll let you know when I receive the samples.

(don't you just love getting free stuff in the mail!)

Diane Cutter
05-31-2005, 04:23 PM
Terry... Thanks, and looking for the update to the update...

Diane