PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Brayer, May 19-26 2005

Printmakerguy
05-20-2005, 09:56 PM
Time to check in again- Finally. I have been 'off the grid' for over two weeks now, with the exception of the quick check in at the library last week, I haven't had any web access since I got on the ship. I think that I was starting to go through DT shakes :)

We have been busy onboard- Making runs out the welland canal (which bypasses niagara falls between lake erie and ontario), carrying loads of Jet fuel. The ship is due in the drydock at the end of the month, so I have been busy preparing things for that event, a pretty major undertaking that we do every 5 years. We will be in the shipyard in a little over a week, at which time I will have more regular internet access. I am due off the ship in about two weeks, and am REALLY looking forward to this vacation!

On the art front, I have done a fair amount of work- I have 4 blocks ready to print. They are mostly in a new series that I am working on- You probably recall the 'room from above' print that I posted last month, of my living room- They are all prints of various rooms of my house done from odd perspectives. I like how they are turning out so far.

I have also been working on a serious revision of my web page- which is kind of funny, since it was never really 'complete' in the first place. I am finding that I need to expand it a bit more, although I have been focusing on printmaking, which is my primary interest in art, it appears that there is a lot more interest in some of my other art than in my prints. For that reason, I am expanding my site to be a bit more inclusive- My experimental/alternative media pieces are being given a more permanent home there, since I have been getting such good feedback on them. I have people wanting to buy them, which is kind of a new thing to me- I have never really tried to market my artwork. It is nice, though- Perhaps I will be able to recoup some of my supply expenses!

I haven't checked all the messages on the board yet- And probably wont get to it tonight- I am on a S-L-O-W dialup connection (actually on a phone pole by the side of the road), I can't take it...

-ANdrew

Diane Cutter
05-21-2005, 08:44 AM
Nice to have you back around, Andrew... I'm not surprised that people are interested in your 'findings' pieces. It's very strong work...

I've been putzing around doing little stuff. Now that I have a bricks and mortar site, I've had to finish up editions of my fish prints. I've boasted how I don't do a whole edition at once.... Well, I've decided that it's not fun going back to old work and printing. I'd rather be doing new stuff.

And I'm coordinator for the next Baren print exchange.... That will be fun watching the work come in...

And I'm printing up our own exchange on Monday... so, yes, Andrew, it will get to you about the time you get home... I can't wait to see what everyone has come up with...

Diane

sassybird
05-21-2005, 01:41 PM
Andrew, it sounds like you have had a stressful couple of weeks. I hope the next two are more relaxed.

Diane, I have always printed as the need comes up, but I agree it it much more fun to do new work instead of going back to old stuff.

I am still not getting any kind of art work done. I have had some serious health problems recently and am a bit frightened by one of them. Hopefully all will be set right without too much therapy.