PDA

View Full Version : 8X8" - moving up!

idylbrush
05-20-2005, 06:37 PM
New images. 8X8" with all of the usual culprits but look, a new element, a Chinese coin added. Just to shake things up a bit.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2005/36241-SR141-illusionary6.jpg

Mary Woodul
05-20-2005, 07:12 PM
Wow, Howard! You do the kind of mixed media that I love and the coin makes it all the more interesting. You have a sort of mauve, blue paint or texture over the middle square. Is it your mixture gesso and molding paste.? The green poured paint also looks thick, can I ask what it is?

I have used rust flakes that remind me after they are on the canvas, of one of your first pieces. I took them off a pipe and glued them PVA and the painting still looks good. I have been watching it for changes.

quirky
05-20-2005, 07:22 PM
Ooooooooooooh! I LOVE it. Love the colours. The coin somehow just pulls the whole thing together. Marvellous work.

idylbrush
05-20-2005, 08:02 PM
Wow, Howard! You do the kind of mixed media that I love and the coin makes it all the more interesting. You have a sort of mauve, blue paint or texture over the middle square. Is it your mixture gesso and molding paste.? The green poured paint also looks thick, can I ask what it is?

I have used rust flakes that remind me after they are on the canvas, of one of your first pieces. I took them off a pipe and glued them PVA and the painting still looks good. I have been watching it for changes.

The central square is one of the acrylic sheets I make but it has a piece of paper over part of it and it became nearly transparent as the medium hit the paper but it was such an interesting finish. The green paint is golden paint that is in a squeeze bottle with a silk tip on it. Just squeeze and you get these really neat things. I call them squiggles. I use them rather extensively on some of my other works.

To get an overview of the series so far...... go to: http://www.hcowdrick.com/illusionary.html

Kinda interesting to see the set of them.

idylbrush
05-20-2005, 08:05 PM
Ooooooooooooh! I LOVE it. Love the colours. The coin somehow just pulls the whole thing together. Marvellous work.

Thank you, I have to say these have been fun to pull together. When framed they are really rather awesome, and I am not big on saying that about my work. I generally can point out every little nit picking flaw.

OzonaLori
05-21-2005, 08:47 AM
Howard,
This is really a wonderful treat for the eye! I really like how your composition is pulled together, and the colors and textures you used really keep me interested, and want me to keep looking. I like the Oriental theme as well.
Beautiful!

Penny220
06-07-2005, 09:23 AM
This is eye candy! Very, very nice. I love your color choices.