PDA

View Full Version : glass on glass table

ClassicalJazz
05-20-2005, 03:26 PM
This is something new that I think I am almost finished. I am very proud of this piece.....much nicer to look at than the face.

ClassicalJazz
05-21-2005, 10:58 AM
OK I redid this picture....

dcorc
05-29-2005, 04:39 PM
Hi - interesting image, quite elegant in the choices of colours and gradients.

- what is this in - Adobe Illustrator? (Unfortunately not a program in which I have any experience ).

Please tell us more about this - and I'm intrigued by the choice of what I assume to be vector graphics software here (not what I would have considered the easiest way to produce art, personally!) :)

Dave

Einion
05-29-2005, 05:06 PM
Hi Jeanette, I've had a look at both versions of this and I can see you're getting to grips with some of the features of Illustrator while you're working on the image as a whole. I think it would be better to work on the basic image and establish the elements, then decide on their colouring, feathering and transparency once you're happy with the drawing.

There's a steep learning curve for this kind of software, particularly if you're aiming for quite a realistic end result as I think you are here; for this type of image I'd suggest working from reference materials as a means to achieving the best results, you can even trace over photographs directly if you want to which can be the start of some very convincing work.

In addition to getting help in the Digital Art forum here on WC! you might like to have a look through the galleries of vector art on deviantArt (http://digitalart.deviantart.com/vector/) (don't be put off by the name :)) which have subsections for different subjects and there is a lot of good work of all levels to admire and be inspired by.

Einion

ClassicalJazz
05-29-2005, 05:36 PM
Yes this is done in Adobe Illustrator. It was a class assignment. I chose a difficult subject because my teacher kept telling me I was doing aveerage work. I am not average. I will not accept average. I have a much better version that I handed in posted on deviantart. http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/18578828/