PDA

View Full Version : Eyes that wait for Love.

John B
05-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Hello Fellow Oilerís :wave:

This is my first painting since returning from a visit to Turkey. I started it at my art class, last night and put a few finishing touches to it this morning, before going to work. :rolleyes:

I cropped a photo of a woman looking, longingly through a window, with strong light falling on her face. When I cropped it down to just her eyes I found it quite haunting, hence the title. :)

Itís a bit different from what I have been doing with OPís, C & Cís please.

This is Caran DíAche oil pastel on Brown Canson about 10x14.

Kind regards

John

CarlyHardy
05-20-2005, 08:18 PM
John,
I think you caught that haunting look quite well! Nice use of color, too :clap: I'd suggest a closer crop to the eyes along the bottom of the pic, so the nose doesn't get so much attention.
carly

John B
05-21-2005, 05:09 AM
Thank you Carly :wave:

I have cropped and mounted the painting, with a closer crop to the eyes; it does focus attention on the eyes more.

I have framed the painting and was surprised, when I hung it, just how intense the eyes become. :cool:

My wife, Gail, loves it and wants to keep it; it was her guidance that prompted me to paint the concept in the first place. :)

I think I will do a group of face parts.

John

Pat Isaac
05-21-2005, 07:56 AM
Very nice, John and the crop works well. Great use of color and the eyes really do pierce through you.

Pat

stonewhiteclown
05-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Hi John! I like it framed! The first photo is a bit harsh, but this one is beautiful. Good choice of the mat colour. Love reddish hair as well!